Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 08:29 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,963,815 times

Advertisements

I don't have enough info to determine what the question is. We certainly do not want to be like Mass, NY, NJ, OH, Ca, and other states for tax and GUN reasons. Everyoine says how great Texas is for guns and NH beats that with a real long stick.

As to guns is in part why I choose NH. A CC lisence is 10 bucks good for 4 years and all I will pay period. Asking any fee of more than that and I will ignor it totally. It is the only infringement I will personally tollerate.

Add 25 cents to that fee and poof I won't care.

In NH you can buy a full auto machine gun if you want. Most people think machine guns are completely illegal, but that is WRONG. All one need do is pass the back ground check, be signed off by someone of sp-called authority, PAY a $200 tax on each gun and viola there you have it, as many machines guns as you can afford, and silencers too. This past Spring new laws made it legal to own big knives formerly illegal and switch blades too, and currently some sporting goods stores are stocking these items.

40 years and more ago some towns snow plowed every resodents private drive, and if that resident didn't want any snow plowing they had to post a sign saying so.

No more. So many flatlanders have moved here there is no possible way to use property taxes for all the plowing. Once no snow flakes landed on a NH road, that isn''t the case at all anymore. When that happened spending was in controll, which since the Democrates took over it hasn't been.

The Democrates have a firm grip on the cities and so goes the state. They do what they do everywhere. whine and beg for the Govt to give them the gimmies of the land, like trash pick up, but my tiown hasn't got that yet, and in fact we pay $5.00 which is probably likey to to go up soon, to be allowed to throw stuff in the dump.

I don't thow much stuff in the dump and consider $5.00 a ticket to bring home stuff from the dump.

There is a lot less at the dump to collect these days with everyone and the brothers, all of their brothers collecting scrap metal. I never collected scrap metal, but I took metal to build things with and will when I can find any. The woods is filled with other scrap metal and I list any I find when i find it. That way I can know what's there and not need to bother dragging it out of the woods till I need it. I see that as my rainy day supplies.

I have of course dragged several items out, one was a logging camp wood stove intact, which was a lot bigger than the wood stoves of today. I had to pack in oxy acetelen torches, wrenches and oils to get that one apart. Hunting I found a 1933 Lincoln Drap Alladin Lamp buried to the burner once. Today it is a prize possestion and runs like a champ with 3 other lamps like it, all free of course. I use these to heat, for almost free in my bed room/studio, and nothing more. It's a lot like a camp fire in middle of the room.

At the dump I have encountered a lot more things some fool threw out. One is a Queeen Anne Dresser. It needed rear feet, which was a easy fix, and I painted it milk paint green, with paint I won with a flintlock as a shoot. I removed all the coats of old paints. First a royal blue, then a fire engine red, and last paint that looke like better wood than the real wood is, which gets it a hefty date back in time.

Live Free or Die lives up hard in my heart. Nothing is Free about it. It can mean you have a stand off with the cops, who are no more than tax collectors making sure all the fees have been paid. Sometimes they need to be reminded the ground they are standing on is still a 160 acer private lot and it is they who have no right to be there whining about gun fire, because a lady from NYC bought the lot next door and wants a nap in the mid day.

In NH if the law enforcement makes a mistake and you have what it takes to say NO you can and do it legally. The cops might not like it, but they must respect it so long as you KNOW you are correct.

Recently the Democrate serving as Govenor allowed a state police like new agency to spring up at trax paid expence. This is about 3 years new now, and is a mirror image to the SP. Now we need the state police, but we have no use of a mirror to it. The cars and uniforms are 180 out in color pattern the exact opposite, and a waste oif money. If ever we can get a conservititive Governor again I intend to mail a snail mail asking for this mirror to be taken down to save tax dollars.

At present time there is no sence asking. In NH if a man gets a bug up his butt bad enough to go forth and get something in Govt done he still can. It takes some dedication and a lot of doing, but it can happen, and one man can make it happen starting in Town Meetin'. There is no g in Town Meetin' either, not in NH thar's not.

For not understanding the question any, this is damnned sure long enough. I knew it would be seen it plain off at the git go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 05:49 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
The last time I spoke at our Town Meetin' was to support a plan to replace our Town Library with a much larger building. Most of our citizens are very glad I spoke up for the Library as the rest of the people were about to vote it down. Speaking my mind in public in this manner is a big part of "Live Free or Die". I, too, object to Nanny laws that demand wearing seat belts, motorcycle helmets, absurdly low speed limits on back roads and similar. It is funny that I do wear seat belts and helmets where appropriate. I also ignore the back road speed limits.

On other points I am a collectivist. When all the mills in the North Country have closed I believe the State has some responsibility to minimize the dying part caused by the unemployment. I also believe the people that have gained the most from the protection of our commercial law should pay in proportion to that protection. In fewer words The State Government should be paid for with a progressive income tax with a large deductable.

Old 11-16-2010, 06:47 AM

817 posts, read 2,188,731 times
Perhaps you should start a separate thread about how you'd like NH to be more liberal, Greg. This is a thread about how the majority of us would like to keep the state free.

Old 11-16-2010, 03:27 PM

4,550 posts, read 11,697,822 times
I ride my horse around with no gun and I get so annoyed that I have to put hunters orange all over my German Shepherd Dog during hunting season We could become vegetarians and skip the hunting season and everybody would be better off although I know hunters will start whining about how they need meat to live and it is a free state oh my oh my....sounding like a bunch of toddlers needing a bottle

Old 11-16-2010, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
I ride my horse around with no gun and I get so annoyed that I have to put hunters orange all over my German Shepherd Dog during hunting season We could become vegetarians and skip the hunting season and everybody would be better off although I know hunters will start whining about how they need meat to live and it is a free state oh my oh my....sounding like a bunch of toddlers needing a bottle
Are you a child? Sure seems it.

Why don't you move back to where ever it is you came from. Hunting in NH has gone on a lot longer than any one ever had a horse to ride.

I had a std bred and a brindle great dane, rode in the loop roads off the Bear notch and never once was shot at riding with the brindle dane. I rode the trails to table top, and over to Attatash, in hunting season, sometimes hunting birds. I rode all the way to Tuftonboro from Bartlett too, with the dog, to a place near Camp Merrowvista off Dan Hole Pond.

My take is you want to ride around for a few moments time and think all of NH belongs to you? Hunting is legal all over the WMNF, and if you fear that just stay out of the woods.

I have hunted trails all over Pinkham Notch and right with the hikers in plain view. A few of them look like this That's just too bad huh?
I have hunted up to and around Bridal Veil Falls, up- and down Rt 116.

Also all along Rt 3, and you would say no one should hunt in NH?

It's not the meat, it's a way of life unlike what ever it is your life is like.

More it is game managment something I doubt you ever heard of, or paid 2 cents into.

I suspect you live around Franconia which isn't even northern NH.

I am sure nothing has ever occured in your family which has been a remotest of threat, on the other hand I have lost to murder 2 close family memebers, so you may feel free to take your whine where ever you like or deal with me.

Please do not attend Muster in the Mountians which I invited you to do. I will not suffer that embarressment.

Last this is off topic on your part, having not a thing to do with the post, or even NH. Live Free or Die mac

Old 11-16-2010, 06:17 PM

1,274 posts, read 2,382,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aptor hours View Post
Mac,
He's got to be using sarcasm to try getting a rise out of someone. It's worked, obviously. If Aptor is serious, then that post is as silly as the 10 pages I read the other day about the lady that moved here from California....

Old 11-16-2010, 06:18 PM

LOL Greg, any time anyone mentions Library i thing of the state library in Concord. If you go there to look, note the nazi swastikas carved in the facia on the granite trim. They were carved pre-1939 LOL. I can't understand why these haven't been blasted to any other shapes.

By facia I mean up high and out facing grainte slabs for anyone who looks up to see.

I think we have enough tax. No govt body does a good job at reducing any or removing any, so maybe you should think more before you wish.

With it said as you stated, you can get the new sales tax added with ease, but you won't get rid of any others.

Lets work to make some taxes go away first, then we can see about what taxes if any we want. OK?

Old 11-16-2010, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Are you a child? Sure seems it.

Why don't you move back to where ever it is you came from. Hunting in NH has gone on a lot longer than any one ever had a horse to ride.

I had a std bred and a brindle great dane, rode in the loop roads off the Bear notch and never once was shot at riding with the brindle dane. I rode the trails to table top, and over to Attatash, in hunting season, sometimes hunting birds. I rode all the way to Tuftonboro from Bartlett too, with the dog, to a place near Camp Merrowvista off Dan Hole Pond.

My take is you want to ride around for a few moments time and think all of NH belongs to you? Hunting is legal all over the WMNF, and if you fear that just stay out of the woods.

I have hunted trails all over Pinkham Notch and right with the hikers in plain view. A few of them look like this That's just too bad huh?
I have hunted up to and around Bridal Veil Falls, up- and down Rt 116.

Also all along Rt 3, and you would say no one should hunt in NH?

It's not the meat, it's a way of life unlike what ever it is your life is like.

More it is game managment something I doubt you ever heard of, or paid 2 cents into.

I suspect you live around Franconia which isn't even northern NH.

I am sure nothing has ever occured in your family which has been a remotest of threat, on the other hand I have lost to murder 2 close family memebers, so you may feel free to take your whine where ever you like or deal with me.

Please do not attend Muster in the Mountians which I invited you to do. I will not suffer that embarressment.

Last this is off topic on your part, having not a thing to do with the post, or even NH. Live Free or Die mac

I do live in Franconia although I had no idea it didn't count as northern NH That works since I spent most of my life in Londonderry which is in southern NH so I guess I am sort of more of a flatlander by birth and actually I was born in MA. My family has three American Saddlebreds currently that we have had in the show ring. Don't forget that vegetarians have also been around for a long long time As far as the Muster in the Mountains unless there is some sort of five star hotel that you guys stay at I probably wouldn't be comfortable attending especially if you guys are all running about with guns and such I would rather be sipping on champagne in a hot tub or something or on a nude beach which as we have discussed doesn't work for you because you need to spend every single minute of your life armed to the teeth Please let me know how your muster in the mountains goes though because it is super fun to hear about what you people do in your spare time

Old 11-16-2010, 08:09 PM

Franconai is the upper limit of the states central 1/3rd. Bartlett is the same. Rt 2 marks off where the northern part begins and Canada ends it.

Flats, lakes and Mts with north woods.

Nude beaches were never anything I was interested in. Although as a teen I went skinney dipping in the rivers all around your area, any times i could stand the water. I hope you were not planning to invite me to any nude beaches.

5 star hotels and me are never going to happen, nor is any champagne in a hot tub. Thars just some things men don't do. With that said, I never rode a horse in any ring. I rode in the woods, beat lots of endurance folks in RI, drove teams for hire, and have had horses around for much of my life, but not right now, but i still got tack, so I might again someday. Once I had a Spring Wagon made in Farmington too. Why I even drove a carriage for a Civil War Ball in Burkittsville Md dressed as one of Mosby's Boys a confederate guerilla armed with 2 colts. Earlier in the day I took a whole Union Camp with one other man in a late war butternut uniform, also conferderate, he had a single shot musket. At the Ball the ladies knew how to be ladies. If you want to start a thread on horses start one in hobbies.

The thing to remember is with out guns you wouldn't be FREE do what it is you do. You might even be forced to cowtow to the Queen of England, or possibly be speaking German today. A lot of blood has been spilt so you can be FREE. You might think that over.

There was a point where I would have been pleased to meet you at muster, and feed you, what possibley any of your ancesters ate, shown you tools, and their ways of life, and not just in my camp. The kinds of clothing for evening wear that put to shame these stamped out cookie cutter fashions, but no you are too spoiled for any of that. I completely understand now.

You have no idea how the purple boots were made, and much of anything else but what you consider life to be right now. No idea what a sack back polonaises gown is, and it is better than every thing you own combined, as a female state of the art fashion. Check this out, let the pics load. ( I just googled that up in a second)
Jessamyn's Regency Costume Companion: 1780s gown & petticoat

Besides this is what is refered to as stalking, not that I care, but the mods might. You failed to get over your point on a gun thread, and have brought the argument to me here in this thread.

Dave will forgive me as we personally ride in the same circles, while we haven't met personally that I am aware of, but I don't know how he will take this from you.

I am not worried I don't get enough adventure, but it seems your life is fairly boring.
Aptor if you don't like the dressing down complain to the mods, or send me a DM.

Steve she is a young girl I am 98% sure of it. Mommy and Daddy bought her a horse. If she isn't a girl then she has a problem wearing her purple high heel boots. i did wonder how tall the boots were since i am a sucker for tall boots. I have mule ears 18 inches tall, another pair of boots almost that tall made for the Patriot.

Whar's the cali lady? I missed that.... really send me the link please.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Franconai is the upper limit of the states central 1/3rd. Bartlett is the same. Rt 2 marks off where the northern part begins and Canada ends it.

Flats, lakes and Mts with north woods.

Nude beaches were never anything I was interested in. Although as a teen I went skinney dipping in the rivers all around your area, any times i could stand the water. I hope you were not planning to invite me to any nude beaches.

5 star hotels and me are never going to happen, nor is any champagne in a hot tub. Thars just some things men don't do. With that said, I never rode a horse in any ring. I rode in the woods, beat lots of endurance folks in RI, drove teams for hire, and have had horses around for much of my life, but not right now, but i still got tack, so I might again someday. Once I had a Spring Wagon made in Farmington too. Why I even drove a carriage for a Civil War Ball in Burkittsville Md dressed as one of Mosby's Boys a confederate guerilla armed with 2 colts. Earlier in the day I took a whole Union Camp with one other man in a late war butternut uniform, also conferderate, he had a single shot musket. At the Ball the ladies knew how to be ladies. If you want to start a thread on horses start one in hobbies.

The thing to remember is with out guns you wouldn't be FREE do what it is you do. You might even be forced to cowtow to the Queen of England, or possibly be speaking German today. A lot of blood has been spilt so you can be FREE. You might think that over.

There was a point where I would have been pleased to meet you at muster, and feed you, what possibley any of your ancesters ate, shown you tools, and their ways of life, and not just in my camp. The kinds of clothing for evening wear that put to shame these stamped out cookie cutter fashions, but no you are too spoiled for any of that. I completely understand now.

You have no idea how the purple boots were made, and much of anything else but what you consider life to be right now. No idea what a sack back polonaises gown is, and it is better than every thing you own combined, as a female state of the art fashion. Check this out, let the pics load. ( I just googled that up in a second)
Jessamyn's Regency Costume Companion: 1780s gown & petticoat

Besides this is what is refered to as stalking, not that I care, but the mods might. You failed to get over your point on a gun thread, and have brought the argument to me here in this thread.

Dave will forgive me as we personally ride in the same circles, while we haven't met personally that I am aware of, but I don't know how he will take this from you.

I am not worried I don't get enough adventure, but it seems your life is fairly boring.
Aptor if you don't like the dressing down complain to the mods, or send me a DM.

Steve she is a young girl I am 98% sure of it. Mommy and Daddy bought her a horse. If she isn't a girl then she has a problem wearing her purple high heel boots. i did wonder how tall the boots were since i am a sucker for tall boots. I have mule ears 18 inches tall, another pair of boots almost that tall made for the Patriot.

Whar's the cali lady? I missed that.... really send me the link please.

You didn't give me a dressing down at all in fact if you think that was a dressing down....well funny I will tell the ten men in the hot tub with myself and my husband included that real men shouldn't be in in hot tubs drinking champagne, but, I think they were enjoying having no clothes off with lots of bare woman as well. I have stalked you Mr. Mac Muz just as much so perhaps I'm the predator and you are the prey....who knows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire