Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2007, 08:55 PM

97 posts, read 395,871 times

Advertisements

Need Job up North Personal Trainer. Any Leads on where to go? Need to make more money than Florida offers...HElP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2007, 09:13 PM

1,022 posts, read 3,475,856 times
Need more info.

Old 05-14-2007, 10:22 PM

97 posts, read 395,871 times
Went To NPTI School In Orlando, Been Working In Daytona Area But Jobs Are Not Plentiful Down Here. Looking To Go Back Up North, Originally From Connecticut. Trying To Get An Idea Where To Make My Dream A Reality To Be A Personal Trainer And Live A Good Life. Poor Wages And No Benefits Just Don't Do It For Me. Any Thoughts?

Last edited by Back Home; 05-14-2007 at 11:15 PM..

Old 05-15-2007, 07:19 AM

793 posts, read 3,122,300 times
it will be very tough for you to make a lucrative career from personal training in New Hampshire. There are places that will certainly hire you along the seacoast of NH or Nashua, which I think would be your best bet in the state, as well as southern Maine. I would personally look at it as a second source of income rather than a lucrative career unless you plan to be situated in Boston or New York, but even in that case it is a very saturated market in NY and you have to be extremely flexible with your availability. I know. Been there and done that and I enjoy passsing along my knowledge to people I meet without any charge. But it was not the career I wanted to pursue once I became certified six years ago and it doesn't mean I have any regrets being certified formerly. And while you CAN make a lucrative career, and I'm sure you are already aware you need to be aggressive and network yourself via 3rd parties and spend advertising dollars if you choose to work independently. But especially independently working as a personal trainer as a career is virtually impossible outside of the markets of NY, Miami, or LA. I know Miami has its issues, but if your already in the state, it is light years better than central Florida for potential opportunity in that industry. If you want to work for a health club in NH, I'd really recommend you pursue getting the necessary knowledge and experience it takes to get into in health club management and perhaps explore some other group exercise certifications where by you can teach some group classes. You would then have the inside track on reeling in some clients. But I most certainly would not go work off the bat as just a "personal trainer" in a health club in these parts and expect to develop a strong client base no matter how excellent your personality and knowledge are.

Last edited by unknown stuntman; 05-15-2007 at 07:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire