U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 05:09 PM

9 posts, read 10,539 times
wannacomehome, buck naked, B566389, fishnfool thank you guys for your replies ^_^

I think that SNHU might be a good choice for me because I would like to experience 4 seasons. besides, the social life In SNHU sounds good. Yes Florida is closer to what I used to live in. However, it is always good to try to live a different life. But, the only thing that I am worried about is jobs, it is importnat for me to work while I am studying not because I am looking for money I mean it is okay for me to get an unpaid job so I can go back home with a good experience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2009, 07:00 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,891,244 times
Abe, that's a great attitude! I'm sure you can find some sort of job, even if it doesn't pay well (lucky, since you're not in need of good money), or at least a volunteer opportunity. Four seasons are a great thing, though I wish winter wasn't quite so long. Good luck in your studies!

Old 12-16-2009, 07:07 AM

1,771 posts, read 2,928,898 times
I agree with Wanna's comments about your strategy. If you have the financial ability to do so- by all means focus your employment on something that will give you valuable experience in the future, even if that means unpaid work. The long term financial benefits of doing so (ie, since you will essentially graduate with experience already) are incredible.

Also- as for the cold, just be prepared to dress properly. That means multiple layers of nice but fairly light warm clothing (not one layer of very heavy clothing). In all honesty its not bad if you are prepared. It will also benefit you to live somewhere that you can walk to class- then you won't need to use your car when its bad weather until you can get some practice/get used to it.

Old 12-16-2009, 08:32 AM

2,990 posts, read 5,103,419 times
Manchester also has public transportation - you can catch a bus or hire a taxi if you absolutely need to travel and you don't have a car - lots of students DO have cars though

Manchester Transit Authority (http://www.mtabus.org/route5.cfm - broken link)

Old 12-16-2009, 12:32 PM

756 posts, read 1,705,247 times
Much of winter is really about the person so it will ultimately depend on you and your outlook. That said I went to grad school with someone from Lebanon and he was absolutely miserable in winter. I also work with someone from India who simply cannot get used to winter and driving in the snow and she's been here for close to 8 years.

Conversely I have a friend from Australia and he is like a little kid with the fall leaves and the snowfall.....literally I've never seen anyone get so excited about leaves. He loves it.

Old 12-19-2009, 12:35 PM

Guys I have an important question, is SNHU a religious school ?

Old 12-19-2009, 12:55 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,891,244 times
I doubt it.

Old 12-19-2009, 01:35 PM

2,990 posts, read 5,103,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe67 View Post
Guys I have an important question, is SNHU a religious school ?

not at all.....why do you ask?

Old 12-19-2009, 01:46 PM

Because My cousin told me that some of the privte schools in the U.S are religious schools and I might need to take religious classes which is not a big deel.

Old 12-19-2009, 01:58 PM

It is such a hard thing to make a decision to go to some place that you've never seen before *^*. Howeverr I am sooooooooooo exited for this experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire