Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2010, 02:44 PM

17 posts, read 68,634 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a good preschool in Bedford? We just relocated from the Philadelphia area and don't know a soul in Bedford or anything about the preschools. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 07:48 PM

909 posts, read 3,363,878 times
My oldest is in preschool now, and I looked at 4 schools in Bedford. There is The Lambs Workshop, a church based preschool (actually also has K), Bedford Mothers Club School, another church based preschool, Bedford Montessori, and BEEP, aka Bedford Early Education Program. 3 out of the 4 are what I would call "traditional" school, meaning they don't follow a specific educational philosophy. BEEP serves special needs children, so approximately 50% of the students are special needs, and the other 50% are called "model" or "peer" students. And they use a grade appropriate curriculum. I believe this is an inclusion program, and it is very highly regarded in town.

My oldest daughter is currently attending the Lambs Workshop, but both her and my 2nd daughter are pre-registered for Bedford Mothers Club next year. Both programs are very good, it's simply a logistical reason for the switch. However, my younger daughter is currently being referred to BEEP for an evaluation, and if she qualifies for services, both my daughters will enroll in BEEP next year instead.

I was very impressed with the Montessori school, but it is 5 mornings a week, which was more than I wanted, and it is also quite expensive, as most Montessori schools tend to be.

2 other schools which I've heard good things about are the New Morning Village School, and Bedford Youth Performing Company.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:32 PM

28 posts, read 76,078 times
Default pre schools in Bedford

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisalisa26 View Post
Can anyone recommend a good preschool in Bedford? We just relocated from the Philadelphia area and don't know a soul in Bedford or anything about the preschools. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
I believe the previous quote includes all of the preschools available in Bedford. I have personal experience with the Montessori and was quite happy. I have several friends who have gone to the New Morning School and been extremely happy.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:36 PM

6 posts, read 12,322 times
I am also looking for pre-schools, but prefer one that has an all day program as I work full-time. It seems that many of the preschools do not take children until they are 3. I am looking for one that starts a bit younger.

Do either of you know anything about the Harmony Learning Center? I found that one online.

Old 01-21-2010, 04:28 PM

28 posts, read 76,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRIT in MIA View Post
I am also looking for pre-schools, but prefer one that has an all day program as I work full-time. It seems that many of the preschools do not take children until they are 3. I am looking for one that starts a bit younger.

Do either of you know anything about the Harmony Learning Center? I found that one online.

I believe that Harmony Learning Center is more of a day care (that's what I have heard). I know that New Morning offers extended care, my neighbor uses is often.

Old 01-21-2010, 07:36 PM

909 posts, read 3,363,878 times
Kindercare is an all day daycare that has a preschool program. One of my friends' has children there since she and her dh work fulltime. She loves it. They also offer afterschool care if your child goes to a half day preschool. I *think* they pick up the child and bring them to the site, where you can pick up after work.

Old 01-22-2010, 06:05 PM

17 posts, read 68,634 times
Thank you both for the great information - I have a few visits lined up for next week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire