Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 04:04 PM

4,566 posts, read 10,654,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCCASparky View Post
when I asked for a "wet burrito" they looked at me like I was from another planet
Hehe. For all of you who dont know a "wet burrito" is a burrito doused in sauce and cheese and melted in an oven or microwave.

Coco Loco doesnt do those. I dont even think they have ovens. It all prepared on the grill. If you like that style mexican, Margaritas smothers everything in cheese and sauce and pops it in the oven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2007, 04:55 PM

625 posts, read 2,435,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 399083453 View Post
Hehe. For all of you who dont know a "wet burrito" is a burrito doused in sauce and cheese and melted in an oven or microwave.

Coco Loco doesnt do those. I dont even think they have ovens. It all prepared on the grill. If you like that style mexican, Margaritas smothers everything in cheese and sauce and pops it in the oven.

I didn't necessarily say "smother in cheese" either. Just the sauce on top would have been nice.

And FWIW, Margaritas tastes like a bag-of-you-know-what. I went to the one in Portsmouth and the one in Exeter once each. No "third time's a charm" for me. I wasn't impressed at all.

Aunt Chollada's in Tempe, Casa de Loma in San Diego, Francisco's in Durango, Colorado, Mariano's in Dallas (inventor of the frozen margarita), and far-too-many places to name in East LA, Santa Barbara, Redondo Beach.

You get the idea.

Old 09-24-2007, 11:12 PM

124 posts, read 734,095 times
Try Rosa's in Portsmouth..Try Five-O in Ogunquit..Try Saunders for seafood in Rye..Try Ronaldo's in N. Hampton

Old 06-07-2008, 06:17 PM

1 posts, read 2,915 times
Default Are you close to the Margaritas in Portsmouth or the one in Exeter?

If you are close to the one in Exeter, right next door is a great little Chinese restaurant called Pine Garden. They used to be even better but they are still my favorite. They don't have a huge exotic menu but the food has always been extremely consistently good. When the two of us go we usually get a scorpion bowl for 2, an appetizer platter a rice and a specialty dish and it makes for a great meal. The Old Salt in downtown Hampton is usually quite good. Ronaldo's in the strip mall is great though if your budget is tight you may want to save it for occasional use. One surprise I found the other day was the resaurant in the Exeter Hospital. I'm not sure their policy on crowds just walking in to eat but man, I got a great swordfish steak with a mix of vegetables and a rice pilaf for little more than the price of a Big Mac.

Old 06-07-2008, 08:55 PM

70 posts, read 385,600 times
can anyone reccomend good reaaal asian food resturants in the area... any vietnamese places esp? we're moving in about a year and we're really gonna miss our authentic asian cuisine that we've found here...

Old 06-11-2008, 07:14 AM

639 posts, read 3,527,678 times
We won't go anywhere but the Ocean Wok restaurant on the seacoast for our chinese cuisine, it's wonderful here! It's this little tiny tiny place, but it's clean; neat as anything & the cuisine is too die for good! It's located at 7 Ocean Boulevard on Rte 1-A., it's just as you go over the Hampton/Seabrook Bridge across from the State Park, you can't miss it on the left hand side. It gets pretty crowded in the summer months, yet it's open year round, so it's quite convenient & good for all of us that live here year round.

The other place that we go to for Chinese cuisine, is Su Chang's, it's down in back of the North Shore Mall in Peabody, MA., you take that side road where Long's Jeweler's is located and Tony the Tailor across from Bugaboo Creek in the Mall parking lot? Keep going, all along as the Mall will be on your left. Go straight all the way until you come to the bottom of the hill & Su Chang's is facing you across from the lights on that corner. It's the ONLY other place that we will go for our chinese cuisine because it's just absolutely awesome here, it's even better than the old Weylu's that used to be on Rte 1 in Saugus! Su Chang's has a beautiful atmosphere as you walk in to the place. (we love their decor, it's quaint & pretty, they have these gorgeous white curtains on all their windows!) Their staff is wonderful to deal with; a lot like the Ocean Wok in Hampton. It's located at 373 Lowell Street in Peabody. Phone: (978) 531-3366

For Vietnamese cuisine, there's a ton of them located in Lowell, MA., that are supposed to be quite good. One of the best places in NH for vietnamese cuisine is a place over in Nashua that my nephews, who are vegetarian absolutely love to go to. It's called the "Vietnam Noodle House" and it's located at 138 Main Street in Nashua. (603) 886-4566.

Old 06-11-2008, 07:59 AM

3,533 posts, read 12,304,281 times
Talking mmmmmmmm seafood

mine and my wifes fav is newicks seafood in dover down at dover point by the big bridge

Old 06-11-2008, 11:33 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
Try the Loaf & Ladle in Exeter for great sandwiches and decent chile. TJ's at the rt128 & 102 in Londonderry is a good small restaurant. Across the intersection is the Homestead Tavern for high end and very good meals. In Derry there is the (I think) Railroad Steakhouse in the old railroad station on Main Street. Theresa’s on Rt 102 serves excellent Italian and good, but bland, Mexican.
This just about covers our budget limited dining in this area.

OP - our favorite seacoast place is Bob's Clam Hut next to the Kittery Trading Post on US 1 in Kittery, Maine.

Old 06-11-2008, 12:31 PM

3,533 posts, read 12,304,281 times
Talking small place great food

also , i remember my wife and i went to this cute little seafood place right next door to nubble light in york maine has exelent seafood to.

Old 06-12-2008, 06:55 PM

82 posts, read 391,494 times
Christopher's on Third in Dover...newer restaurant, unbelievable! Better than The Chop Shop and many in Portsmouth in my opinion !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire