Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 12:20 AM

2,632 posts, read 4,049,782 times

Advertisements

Illegal immigrants draining the system is a matter of opinion. It may seem they're taking away the jobs,but jobs were being shipped away before this recent immigration was seen as a problem. And most of the jobs immigrants are taking are jobs that most Americans look down upon or get turned down for regardless because they're overqualified.

Are there illegals who cause problems? Sure, but there are Americans who do also. It's expensive to to keep inmates in prisons, or execute them Aren't there Americans who "leach off the system" who keep having children they can't support and expect the government to take care of them; or those who are too lazy to work--even when jobs were plentiful? Etc.

I don't agree with blanket statements regarding illegals. It's an excuse to act prejudiced to a particular group. There are pros and cons to every group. I personally know "illegals" who worked very hard and achieved legal status. Not all illegals disregard America's system. Every person's ancestor besides the Native Americans were foreigners at some point. Throughout history, various immigrants in the country were discriminated at one point: Irish, Italian, Jews etc. However, I find most of these groups eventually achieve success, and acceptance, to the point that people forget how hard it was for them to get there. They may even look down upon new groups, similarly to upperclassman treating underclassmen in high school, when they were once a part of that group.

I wonder what the world will be like in the future, when these new immigrants are no longer new. History tells me the answer....

Last edited by LexWest; 03-27-2010 at 12:29 AM..

Old 03-27-2010, 01:38 AM

6,571 posts, read 6,736,907 times
Why come to the NH forum with this nonesense ? Take it to the several immigration threads CD offers.

Old 03-27-2010, 08:14 AM

2,632 posts, read 4,049,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Why come to the NH forum with this nonesense ? Take it to the several immigration threads CD offers.
This originally wasn't supposed to be about immigration, but I suppose I hijacked my thread by responding to a comment.

Old 03-27-2010, 08:41 AM

10,014 posts, read 15,659,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
Excellent suggestion! Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire