Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 03:08 PM

2,546 posts, read 6,873,009 times

Advertisements

How are the summer's in NH?
Is it hot or humid? What's the typical high for the day?
It's not humid here in Arizona except during monsoon season but it certainly is hot til late October or early November.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 03:16 PM

3,859 posts, read 10,324,295 times
The last two summers have been very rainy-with minimal sun-especially this summer.

I know most people will disagree but it does get humid here and I could not live without central air here. My husband and I do get easily uncomfortable from the humidity. I used to live in South Jersey-outside of Philly where it gets very very humid and unbearable. NH is not that bad but it does get humid. When I lived in Concord, NH the humidity was really bad. Now that I live in the Lakes region, it has improved but it still exisits and can get uncomfortable.

Old 08-24-2009, 03:20 PM

758 posts, read 2,888,561 times
highs in the 80's....usually a little cooler, can get into the 90's but usually for short periods. It can get humid but not like it is in the southern states.

I can see the ocean from my bedroom and the temperature change from my place to the coast can be quite dramatic....the ocean really helps to buffer the heat and humidity.

It rained almost all of June this year but that has been a fluke. The previous 2 summers have been great, bright, and sunny.

I've been in California and Illinois quite a bit this summer but when I've been home it's been nice (from mid July on). I was starting to freak out in June though with all the rain.

I will say the other seasons are so nice in NH that I am not nearly as dependent on the summers as I was back in Ohio. Spring sort of sucks at times but fall and winter are great (assuming one does not hate cold).

Old 08-24-2009, 04:33 PM

680 posts, read 2,439,670 times
you get a mix: hot and humid, dry, warm and sunny with cool nights, cool and rainy. Summers seem warmer and more humid than they used to, but maybe I just have a selective memory.

Old 08-25-2009, 03:55 AM

497 posts, read 952,827 times
High's in the 80s, with mountain breezes where I am.

humidity, absolutely, but nothing like NJ, where we used to be.
I have no AC in the house, but ceiling fans during the day do the trick on really hot days.
Nites, usually a box fan in the bedroom window, and the attic fan on will cool the entire house to the outside temp.

Central, if we had it, would probably only be used a handful of times. [probably less than ten times a year.] There's really no need @ 700 feet on the mountain.
The lakes just down the street, and a night-time dip before bed cools you enuff to sleep in comfort.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:00 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
summer in NH is known as the lack of snow season. Temps can range from mild to hot and sticky depending on the direction the weather is coming from. From the Northwest it is mild and dry. From the southwest and southeast it can get very hot and sticky. From the Northeast it will be stormy.

Old 08-25-2009, 06:58 AM

1,384 posts, read 4,450,823 times
Too humid and buggy for me...can't wait till Fall/Winter.

Old 08-25-2009, 02:03 PM

497 posts, read 952,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa g View Post
Too humid and buggy for me...can't wait till Fall/Winter.
It sure has been buggy

I attributed it to all the rain we have had.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:10 PM

758 posts, read 2,888,561 times
Are you guys in woody areas? I haven't noticed the bugs much at all this year....I'm in one of the more developed areas of the state but have a huge marsh right next door. Black flies or squeeters?

Old 08-25-2009, 07:22 PM

1,384 posts, read 4,450,823 times
Yes, woods & wetlands. Black flies and mosquitos abound, which is to be expected but not so fun when you unexpectedly swell up from the bites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire