U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 07:33 PM

3,996 posts, read 8,738,656 times

Advertisements

"The New Hampshire House Wednesday voted 214-137 to decriminalize the possession of small amounts of marijuana, but the measure faces an uncertain future after Gov. John Lynch (D) immediately threatened to veto it. The House tally leaves supporters about 20 votes short of a veto-proof majority."

It would make it a fine to possess up to 7 grams of weed punishable by a $400 fine rather then jail time and a criminal record...

Please let your voice be heard and if you support this bill, let the governor know it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 05:53 PM

510 posts, read 1,045,660 times
The Governor is right.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:55 PM

1,200 posts, read 1,851,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yinduffy View Post
The Governor is right.
No he's wrong. The .gov wasn't put in to place to tell private citizens what they can consume in the privacy of their own homes.

I know you're a champion of big government, but seriously why don't you worry about yourself.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:53 AM

758 posts, read 2,519,483 times
Quote:
No he's wrong. The .gov wasn't put in to place to tell private citizens what they can consume in the privacy of their own homes.
Amen!

Old 03-16-2010, 07:05 AM

41,505 posts, read 49,604,613 times
I would extend this legislation to most of the other recreational drugs. What freely consenting adults do to themselves or other consenting adults in the privacy of their own home is none of my concern. What is of concern is these people driving on the public highways impaired by drugs. But that concern is already covered by DUI laws.

The governor is probably worried about losing Federal "War on Drugs" money more than a few people getting stoned in their back yard.

Old 03-16-2010, 04:58 PM

Me? A champion of big government? Don't let my friends know that!
However, the Governor is doing what he deems appropriate which is the way we do things in the U.S.A.
Write letters, call your Reps. do what you can including voting against Lynch in the next election. I know I will but for other reasons.
I do not want mind altering drugs accepted into my society. I do not endorse marijuana's useage and in that I agree with Gov. Lynch.
NH has enough drug problems and I don't think we should loosen those laws.

Old 03-16-2010, 05:15 PM

758 posts, read 2,519,483 times
Quote:
I do not want mind altering drugs accepted into my society.
I assume you are not in favor of alcohol consumption in NH either?

Old 03-16-2010, 05:19 PM

Correct. I do not drink, neither does my wife. I have had too many alcoholic relatives and friends.
I do recognize the status of alchoholic beverages in NH. If asked my opinion, I will voice it.

Old 03-16-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinduffy View Post
Correct. I do not drink, neither does my wife. I have had too many alcoholic relatives and friends.
I do recognize the status of alchoholic beverages in NH. If asked my opinion, I will voice it.
I respect your right to not drink or smoke pot. That's great you have chosen to live the way you do. Why do you feel the need to control what I consume on my private property?

Why do you feel you have the right to tell me what I can consume?

Old 03-16-2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I would extend this legislation to most of the other recreational drugs. What freely consenting adults do to themselves or other consenting adults in the privacy of their own home is none of my concern. What is of concern is these people driving on the public highways impaired by drugs. But that concern is already covered by DUI laws.

The governor is probably worried about losing Federal "War on Drugs" money more than a few people getting stoned in their back yard.
100% correct Greg, one of the few times you and I see eye to eye on an issue.

At the house, fine. On the road, nope.

A simple rule, do as you want as long as it doesn't intrude others right to life, liberty, and happiness...

It's pretty easy to comprehend. It's sad to see that some feel that the .gov has to prohibit people from doing what they want in the privacy of their own home.

And for the record I only drink. I don't use pot and have passed dozens of random drug tests. It's not about what I do, it's about allowing people to do as they want in their own homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or