Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-11-2010, 07:11 PM

2,649 posts, read 3,543,572 times

Advertisements

We decided to take a drive up north today in Linda's Cavalier

First stop was Rocky Gorge on route 112 ( The Kanc )
Kyakers were getting ready for a rough ride down the river, but we could not wait for them, we had things to see.

First on the list being The Saco River Covered Bridge, just off route 16 in Conway village

SACO RIVER BRIDGE - New Hampshire Covered Bridges (http://www.nh.gov/nhdhr/bridges/p91.html - broken link)

right down the road from it is the Swift River Covered bridge

SWIFT RIVER BRIDGE - New Hampshire Covered Bridges (http://www.nh.gov/nhdhr/bridges/p89.html - broken link)

SDC10128.flv video by CrazyDave - Photobucket

Further down route 16 a left onto River Road will bring you to both Cathedral Ledge and Diana's baths

Here a climber challenges a portion of the ledge

Linda takes in the relaxing effects of the falls that make up Diana's baths

100_6893.flv video by CrazyDave - Photobucket

100_6862.flv video by CrazyDave - Photobucket

SDC10143.flv video by CrazyDave - Photobucket

Echo Lake state park is also in the immediate vicinity

Some random road side shots from both Linda and I

As you already know not all covered bridges are meant to be walked or driven through, last year I showed you a covered bridge house, well this is a gift shop, on route 302

A rather curious use for a motorcycle

Silver Cascade

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2010, 05:15 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
CD - I just got the Kawasaurus out of the shop. I have an almost new 30 yr old superbike. Now I have to learn how to ride the thing. Maybe I'll join you on some of your rides. This was a windy but great weekend for riding. Good photos btw. Thanks, GregW

Old 04-12-2010, 06:35 AM

1,200 posts, read 2,216,816 times
Nice pics as usual Dave.

Greg you need to post pics of that old bike.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
View detailed profiles of: