Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 11:34 PM

Location: :0)1 CORINTHIANS,13*"KYRIE, ELEISON"*"CHRISTE ELEISON"
3,078 posts, read 6,197,813 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone!

I was wondering, how long does it take to drive(time wise and if you know the miles, that would be great too! )

From LITTLETON to BETHLEHEM NH ?

From LITTLETON to GUILFORD NH?

From LITTLETON to KEENE NH?

From LITTLETON to CONCORD NH?

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE HELP & INPUT!

I APPRECIATE IT!
HAVE A NICE ONE!
COUNTRYLV22
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2007, 03:25 AM

1,022 posts, read 3,475,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by countrylv22 View Post
Hello everyone!

I was wondering, how long does it take to drive(time wise and if you know the miles, that would be great too! )

From LITTLETON to BETHLEHEM NH ?

From LITTLETON to GUILFORD NH?

From LITTLETON to KEENE NH?

From LITTLETON to CONCORD NH?

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE HELP & INPUT!

I APPRECIATE IT!
HAVE A NICE ONE!
COUNTRYLV22
Town line to town line? Or Village to Village? Or City to to town? OK Just to clarify, I will be driving most of these this weekend as I have a wedding in Keene to attend. For that I must go through Littleton to Keene Passing Gilford. so those will be easy enough. As far as Littleton and Bethlehem they touch but From town center, to town center it is about 10 or 15 minutes. And Littleton to concord I drive alot it is 1 hr 20 min doing the speed limit I have done it in an hr when the weather permits but in the winter through the Franconia Notch can take an hr in itself when weather turns on you. Good part is that is only about a 20 mile stretch.

Old 06-13-2007, 04:51 AM

2,489 posts, read 8,176,855 times
Don't know about the rest of the areas, but hubby carpools to work with a guy in Bethlehem - we live pretty much in the middle of Littleton, he lives pretty much in the middle of Bethlehem and it takes about 15 minutes to go from house to house.....depending on how many moose come out to "say hello" on the drive <g>.....According to mapquest, it's 5.09 miles from Littleton to Bethlehem...

This morning it took hubby a little longer to get to Bethelem because a moose wandered out and he stopped to get a video of him

One other thing about Bethlehem - We've been told it's the highest elevation for a town east of the Rockies (have no idea if that's true, but people have told us that a few times) and it does get more snow than Littleton does, even with the short distance between the two towns...last winter we'd have two or three inches, at the same time Bethlehem wound up with six or seven! Just thought I'd throw that "tidbit" in <g>.

Last edited by DareToDream; 06-13-2007 at 05:18 AM.. Reason: addition to post

Old 06-13-2007, 06:09 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
These are estimates. Your results may vary.

From LITTLETON to BETHLEHEM NH ? [20 min]

From LITTLETON to GUILFORD NH? [about 1 hour]

From LITTLETON to KEENE NH? [ 2hr+ no expressway available]

From LITTLETON to CONCORD NH? [1 hr 30 min] weather dependant

Littleton to Boston [ 2:30 to 3:30 traffic dependant]

Old 06-13-2007, 11:37 AM

HELLO NHYRNUT!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONSE!
I am glad to see that you are still around!
I had not seen you posting recently, so its good to see you again!
THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT!
Hope the wedding is nice!
Take care,
COUNTRYLV22

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhyrnut View Post
Town line to town line? Or Village to Village? Or City to to town? OK Just to clarify, I will be driving most of these this weekend as I have a wedding in Keene to attend. For that I must go through Littleton to Keene Passing Gilford. so those will be easy enough. As far as Littleton and Bethlehem they touch but From town center, to town center it is about 10 or 15 minutes. And Littleton to concord I drive alot it is 1 hr 20 min doing the speed limit I have done it in an hr when the weather permits but in the winter through the Franconia Notch can take an hr in itself when weather turns on you. Good part is that is only about a 20 mile stretch.
HELLO WINDCHIMES03561!
THANK YOU FOR THE INPUT!!
I appreciate it all!
Its funny what a couple of miles can do to the weather, right? HA HA HA!!

Take care,
COUNTRYLV22

Quote:
Originally Posted by windchimes03561 View Post
Don't know about the rest of the areas, but hubby carpools to work with a guy in Bethlehem - we live pretty much in the middle of Littleton, he lives pretty much in the middle of Bethlehem and it takes about 15 minutes to go from house to house.....depending on how many moose come out to "say hello" on the drive <g>.....According to mapquest, it's 5.09 miles from Littleton to Bethlehem...

This morning it took hubby a little longer to get to Bethelem because a moose wandered out and he stopped to get a video of him

One other thing about Bethlehem - We've been told it's the highest elevation for a town east of the Rockies (have no idea if that's true, but people have told us that a few times) and it does get more snow than Littleton does, even with the short distance between the two towns...last winter we'd have two or three inches, at the same time Bethlehem wound up with six or seven! Just thought I'd throw that "tidbit" in <g>.
HELLO GREGW!
GREAT INFO! I APPRECIATE IT!

Do you think that on a weekend, it might be LESS time? Lets say on Sunday?

Anyway, THANK YOU so much for all of your help!
Have a nice day!
Take care,
COUNTRYLV22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
These are estimates. Your results may vary.

From LITTLETON to BETHLEHEM NH ? [20 min]

From LITTLETON to GUILFORD NH? [about 1 hour]

From LITTLETON to KEENE NH? [ 2hr+ no expressway available]

From LITTLETON to CONCORD NH? [1 hr 30 min] weather dependant

Littleton to Boston [ 2:30 to 3:30 traffic dependant]

Last edited by Yac; 06-14-2007 at 06:58 AM..

Old 06-13-2007, 12:05 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,778,277 times
Weekends are different because travel times are dependant on the time of day and direction of the traffic. The estimates for the North Country will pretty much stay the same except on fall “leaf peeper” weekends when everything just stops. The estimates for the north & south will vary depending on the day of the Weekend. Traffic going north is slow on Friday night and Saturday morning and again slows going south on Sunday night. The middle day of three-day weekends is usually pretty quick. Snow, sleet, freezing rain and just heavy regular rain will slow things down because only experienced crazies drive fast under those conditions.

Old 06-13-2007, 12:44 PM

Thumbs up Hello Gregw! Thank You So Much!

HELLO GREGW!

GREAT INPUT! VERY HELPFUL!
I did not think of that at all!
That changes some of our future planning...
HA HA HA!

Once again THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP!
I tried to give you another REP POSITIVE POINT but the system told me that I cannot give you too many at the same time....HA HA HA! I have to wait...
Take good care,
COUNTRYLV22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Weekends are different because travel times are dependant on the time of day and direction of the traffic. The estimates for the North Country will pretty much stay the same except on fall “leaf peeper†weekends when everything just stops. The estimates for the north & south will vary depending on the day of the Weekend. Traffic going north is slow on Friday night and Saturday morning and again slows going south on Sunday night. The middle day of three-day weekends is usually pretty quick. Snow, sleet, freezing rain and just heavy regular rain will slow things down because only experienced crazies drive fast under those conditions.

Old 06-13-2007, 03:36 PM

OK My cousin in Gilford goes to Littleton for work deliveries he informed me that it is 1 hr 15 min. with good traffic in the lakes region. With heavy traffic it is about 1 and a half hrs. Also just got off the phone with her cousin that is having the funeral/Wedding (well she is getting married marriage and death same thing.) Anyway the none existent express way to Keene from Littleton is Interstate 91 in VT She said the trip is is about 2 hrs if you don't stop. After going down this weekend I will tell you how accurate she is. LOL Going south it is Exit 5 north it would be the 93 merge you want to get on. 93 goes right through Littleton. Littleton to concord is 1hr 20 min I travel this once a week so I now this as fact Littleton to Boston with good traffic is 3 hrs 15 min. well that put me at Logan Airport anyway. Ok that is all I have. After the trip to Keene this weekend I will verify that time, As I have yet to drive it.

Old 06-15-2007, 08:02 PM

Thumbs up Hello Nhyrnut!

HELLO NHYRNUT!

I am sorry about the FUNERAL you have to attend this weekend! HA HA HA!
Since you will be driving all over, could you please check what amount of time does it take from:

CONCORD TO GUILFORD

CONCORD TO KEENE

CONCORD TO BOSTON

THANKS ALOT FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP!
HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME AT THE WEDDING!
HAVE A GREAT FATHERS DAY AS WELL!

Take care,
COUNTRYLV22

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhyrnut View Post
OK My cousin in Gilford goes to Littleton for work deliveries he informed me that it is 1 hr 15 min. with good traffic in the lakes region. With heavy traffic it is about 1 and a half hrs. Also just got off the phone with her cousin that is having the funeral/Wedding (well she is getting married marriage and death same thing.) Anyway the none existent express way to Keene from Littleton is Interstate 91 in VT She said the trip is is about 2 hrs if you don't stop. After going down this weekend I will tell you how accurate she is. LOL Going south it is Exit 5 north it would be the 93 merge you want to get on. 93 goes right through Littleton. Littleton to concord is 1hr 20 min I travel this once a week so I now this as fact Littleton to Boston with good traffic is 3 hrs 15 min. well that put me at Logan Airport anyway. Ok that is all I have. After the trip to Keene this weekend I will verify that time, As I have yet to drive it.

Old 06-19-2007, 07:48 PM

OK Littleton to Keene took 2hrs 20 min Concord to Keene, Via RT 202 is 1 hr 30 min with traffic. Concord to Guildford is about 1 hr. Traffic can get heavy with tourist. From Concord to Boston is about 1 hr, it is 50 min from Manchester and Manchester exit 4 to Concord Exit 17, is 20 min. Exit 17 is Pennacook exit and the last exit for Concord heading north. So it would be Concords farthest exit from Boston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Hampshire