Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 05:47 AM

7 posts, read 11,705 times

Advertisements

To Newmarlig, thanks for your post concerning Hot Shoppes restaurant. Now onto another subject: does anyone remember the M4 Sherman tank static display in front of the National Guard post near Haddonfield? It was there in the 1960’s sitting on the corner. My brother and I used to use it as a jungle gym. I thought it was pretty cool, so much so that a few years later I joined the Army thru an ROTC commission thereby becoming a second lieutenant. I was shipped to W.Germany during the Cold War, 1979 - 1981. I moved from tank platoon leader up to Brigade HQ and was in the S1, personnel, Dept. The Brigade commander then was Col. Sullivan who later became Army Chief of Staff under President Clinton. I worked a couple of office doors down from him.
Not too bad for a kid from Brainerd jr. high, (now Carusi) and all because of that “neato tank”!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2017, 08:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,957 times
Does anyone remember the name of the bar that was between 38 and 70 neat where the wawa is now ? Not Beefsteak Charlie's or Benihana. I believe it was on fire around 1980.

Old 01-28-2018, 07:05 AM

1 posts, read 1,780 times
Question Restaurant Name? Cherry Hill, NJ, 1960s

Hi, I'm new this forum, and I got here because it's driving me crazy that I can't remember the name of a restaurant I remember from my youth that had my parents so excited. I believe it was in Cherry Hill, mid-1960s. The name started with a C or a Ch, and the big deal was that they had lobster tails and made great highballs. But the thing I loved was that on weekends they had a huge buffet that, as a kid, meant I could pick and choose from a bunch of kid-friendly treats. We got dressed up to go there, and the inside was all carpeted floors. It matters not, except to liberate that part of my brain that keeps trying to remember! Thanks a bunch. I've been enjoying reading about the places I remember from when I lived here as a kid.

Old 01-29-2018, 12:55 AM

7 posts, read 11,705 times
Default Phylly Mainer 56

What neighborhood did you live in and which school did you attend in the ‘60’s? I was in the new Windsor Park development before the streets were completely paved and homes were still going up. I went to John Brainerd elementary and now it’s called Carusi. Give a few details about your memories cuz we probably have similar ones.

Old 01-29-2018, 12:19 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,675,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllyMainer56 View Post
Hi, I'm new this forum, and I got here because it's driving me crazy that I can't remember the name of a restaurant I remember from my youth that had my parents so excited. I believe it was in Cherry Hill, mid-1960s. The name started with a C or a Ch, and the big deal was that they had lobster tails and made great highballs. But the thing I loved was that on weekends they had a huge buffet that, as a kid, meant I could pick and choose from a bunch of kid-friendly treats. We got dressed up to go there, and the inside was all carpeted floors. It matters not, except to liberate that part of my brain that keeps trying to remember! Thanks a bunch. I've been enjoying reading about the places I remember from when I lived here as a kid.
There was a place called Seafood Shanty, but l think that it opened in the 70s & was there into the 80s.

Do you remember which part of town it was in?

Old 02-20-2018, 10:21 PM

10 posts, read 10,697 times
I was the in the last class that graduated out of Brainerd when they changed the name of the school to honor Dr. Carusi.

In 1989, the Cherry Hill Babe Ruth team won the Babe Ruth World Series and they had a big parade down Chapel Avenue to celebrate. It was just like the Cherry Blossom Parade route.

Woolworth used to be in the CHM and they used to have the food counter which you could smell the hot dogs and churros throughout the mall.

Old 02-28-2018, 05:44 AM

3 posts, read 4,412 times
Does anybody remember the church that use to be on the corner of Church Rd and Ivins Ave (near the mall, west of Haddonfield Rd)?

Old 04-15-2022, 09:59 PM

2 posts, read 2,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellace222 View Post
Does anyone remember the name of the restaurant that was on the corner of Greentree Rd and Rt 70. It's a stone building with a round tower that resembled a castle. It's still there now, but it's a PJ whelihan's. What was it in the 70's & 80's??
It was the Boston Sea Party. I loved that place! Went all the time! Great seafood buffet. Great memories.

Old 04-17-2022, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllyMainer56 View Post
Cinelli's, Valentino's, or O'Henry are 3 possibilities.

Old 05-14-2022, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njbamisfit View Post
Does anyone remember the name of the bar that was between 38 and 70 neat where the wawa is now ? Not Beefsteak Charlie's or Benihana. I believe it was on fire around 1980.
How about the Hawaiian Cottage? It burned down in the late 70s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia