U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-18-2010, 10:00 AM

3 posts, read 3,962 times

Advertisements

We are moving to South Jersey from NY in the fall and it looks like these are our choices for school districts, however I am confused about townships, towns, etc in NJ. What towns/zip codes would go to these two school districts? Looking for info for house searching. Are there different areas of townships? Like in Harrison Twp. does that include Mullica Hill & other areas?

Kingsway-(Harrison Twp. and Mantua Twp)

Clearview- (Swedesboro, Woolwich Twp., Logan Twp., East Greenwich Twp. and South Harrison Twp.)

Thanks, just a bit confusing. I tried to google but no luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2010, 11:12 AM

13,205 posts, read 13,278,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtommy2 View Post
We are moving to South Jersey from NY in the fall and it looks like these are our choices for school districts, however I am confused about townships, towns, etc in NJ. What towns/zip codes would go to these two school districts? Looking for info for house searching. Are there different areas of townships? Like in Harrison Twp. does that include Mullica Hill & other areas?

Clearview- (Swedesboro, Woolwich Twp., Logan Twp., East Greenwich Twp. and South Harrison Twp.)

This will help you. GreatSchools - Public and Private School Ratings, Reviews and Parent Community

For what it's worth, my sister is a school teacher & her kids are now graduated from the Pitman school system, but we were talking last night & she said that if they were to be consolidated, she would rather that the Pitman schools be consolidated to end up going to Clearview, than any other options that have been floated around.

Old 07-19-2010, 09:17 AM

13,692 posts, read 17,676,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtommy2 View Post

You have these a little mixed up.

Clearview = Mantua Twp. and Harrison Twp.

Kingsway = Swedesboro, Woolwich Twp., Logan Twp., East Greenwich Twp. and South Harrison Twp.

Of the two Clearview is the "better" district and if based solely on schools then pick a town in Clearview. However, Kingsway is still a good school district, so you aren't short changing yourself picking a town in Kingsway.

To answer the Mullica Hill question, Mullica Hill is a census designated area within Harrison Twp. The other "areas" of Harrison Twp. include Ewan, Jefferson and Richwood. This type of setup is pretty common in Gloucester County as the Townships are quite large and when incorporated they included many smaller towns and villages within them. Some of these stuck around as census areas and even retained the name. To further complicate it, many of the areas use the same zipcode for multiple areas as there may be one post office in an older town that services the area and you could list your address as any one of those "towns". For instance, Harrison Twp. uses the 08062 zipcode, which is Mullica Hill. Someone living in Richwood could write their address as "Richwood", "Mullica Hill" or "Harrison Twp." and all would be correct.

The best way is to look at school district on a real estate listing and it will tell you what area you are in. Additionally, the wikipedia is actually a good resource. Just google "*town name*, nj wiki" and it will give you a lot of information including the towns that are within the township.

For what it's worth I live in Logan Twp., which is part of Kingsway. My kids are all in elementary school, but I have found the area school systems are very good and it is overall a very nice area to live in. I personally chose Logan (Beckett in particular) as we have one of the lowest tax rates in the state do to the ratable industries in town. Many of these areas have high property taxes as they are almost universally residential. You need to pay careful attention to the property taxes as they are quite high in some areas.

Let me know if you have any other question and I'll try to help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia