U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 08:06 PM

1,608 posts, read 2,046,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
That's not cats. It's the Jersey Devil.
Best response yet.

Also, I'm surprised how many people haven't heard of Jersey Devil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2010, 09:09 PM

12,276 posts, read 11,532,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jknic View Post
Best response yet.

Also, I'm surprised how many people haven't heard of Jersey Devil.
Thanks! I'm doing my part to spread the word on the Jersey Devil.

Several North Carolinians who I've told have said that they figure he'll be coming down soon, to escape the taxes. They said there's enough room here for the Jersey Devil & Bigfoot.

Old 08-02-2010, 06:40 AM

13,569 posts, read 14,830,326 times
I've always wondered when the 13th Leed's child was going to run for office. As the oldest resident I think he (or it) would be very concerned about the property tax situation and the preservation of open space.

Old 08-02-2010, 06:52 AM

12,285 posts, read 12,318,274 times
Why would anyone want SJ to be developed , i like it undeveloped. Gives us NNJ ppl a place to relax. Clean up Camden , Trenton , and AC and build up those cities and that will be enough. Only 3 Rail lines will built down there this decade.

Old 08-02-2010, 03:10 PM

1,890 posts, read 1,519,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Only 3 Rail lines will built down there this decade.

Wait really!? All I knew of was the light rail in Gloucester County.

Old 08-02-2010, 05:22 PM

12,285 posts, read 12,318,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soug View Post
Wait really!? All I knew of was the light rail in Gloucester County.
1.The Riverline Extension to Gloucester County.
2. The PATCO Extension
3. Restoration of the Cape May line
4. The Riverline Extension to the West Trenton Septa (future NJT Station)

Old 08-03-2010, 07:18 AM

13,569 posts, read 14,830,326 times
Quote:
2. The PATCO Extension
I know you are pretty knowledgable on the rail aspects, but this list is a little off.

The Riverline "extension" and the PATCO "extension" are essentially the same thing. DRPA pushed for the original diesel light rail extension to connect Camden and Glassboro along with several other projects like express bus service along 42/55, improvements to the AC Rail Line and connections to AC International Airport all as part of a unified South Jersey transit strategy. So, 1 and 2 on your list are the same project as it has not been determined if the rail line extension will be operated by DRPA as part of PATCO or under NJT as an extension of the Riverline.

Also, the West Trenton spur is not a sure thing. NJT put it on their 2020 "wish list" but have taken no further action to do anything with it.

The only project that is currently underway is a transfer station in Pennsauken that will link the Riverline with the AC Rail Line. It's expected to be completed in 2012.

Old 08-03-2010, 02:06 PM

Quote:
2. The PATCO Extension
NJGoat covered the RiverLINE/Patco situation, which is being screwed up horribly, but we'll probably see restoration of the Cape May Line after I'm dead (and I'm 20). I've e-mail NJT many times over this, as well as the Gloucester-Camden Line, and they took the Cape May Line off of their planned list of improvements. The Gloucester-Camden line, which is supposed to be an extension of the RiverLINE, is ending much shorter than it should. The should go all the way down the line to Millville, and not just operate it as a shuttle between Rowan campuses. This all goes back to NJT not giving a crap if it doesn't run into Manhatten.

Also, the West Trenton service is more North/Central Jersey. Trenton is NOT a part of South Jersey.

Old 08-03-2010, 03:00 PM

1,165 posts, read 983,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
I know you are pretty knowledgable on the rail aspects, but this list is a little off.

The Riverline "extension" and the PATCO "extension" are essentially the same thing. DRPA pushed for the original diesel light rail extension to connect Camden and Glassboro along with several other projects like express bus service along 42/55, improvements to the AC Rail Line and connections to AC International Airport all as part of a unified South Jersey transit strategy. So, 1 and 2 on your list are the same project as it has not been determined if the rail line extension will be operated by DRPA as part of PATCO or under NJT as an extension of the Riverline.

Also, the West Trenton spur is not a sure thing. NJT put it on their 2020 "wish list" but have taken no further action to do anything with it.

The only project that is currently underway is a transfer station in Pennsauken that will link the Riverline with the AC Rail Line. It's expected to be completed in 2012.
At least the Pennsauken project is at least something that's being done to slightly improve SJ public transportation! It would be a million times better if the Cape May line was restored and if there were more trains running on the AC rail line! The hour wait for the next train is just unacceptable. God forbid if South Jersey has decent public transportation!

Old 08-03-2010, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressedCollegeGirl89 View Post
At least the Pennsauken project is at least something that's being done to slightly improve SJ public transportation! It would be a million times better if the Cape May line was restored and if there were more trains running on the AC rail line! The hour wait for the next train is just unacceptable. God forbid if South Jersey has decent public transportation!
The A.C. would see a TREMENDOUS increase in ridership if they actually had a decent number of trains running, and as someone who lives along the Rt. 55/ Rt. 47 corridor to Cape May, I would kill for a rail link between us, Philly, and Cape May. I could escape some of the P.A. drivers out there and avoid traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia