Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 07:28 AM

6,319 posts, read 10,342,588 times

Advertisements

They sell wine at Wegman's in NJ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2010, 09:41 AM

691 posts, read 3,060,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
The one in Mount Laurel has a new beer/wine/liquor section that is kind of walled off from the main store so you have to pay separate there. It is still convenient though and the price are reasonable.

Old 08-07-2010, 10:31 AM

1,000 posts, read 3,602,311 times
THey sell wine/beer/liquor at Shop Rite in Cinnaminson, you just have to go through a cooresponding check out line.

Old 08-07-2010, 08:28 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,137,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
They have in the one in Princeton for a long time. It's actually a liquor store attached to the main store. Until somewhat recently they were pretty seperate. But in the last year they have started displaying booze in the main grocery store.

Old 08-07-2010, 09:13 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,051,675 times
The Wegmans in West Windsor (they call it Princeton Wegmans) sells liquor in the grocery store.

Funny thing is they have "designated liquor lanes". The cashiers have to be over 21 to check you out if you have alcohol in your order. If you get into a lane with a cashier who is a minor they have to call over a manager to scan the alcohol.
They do card everyone buying liquor.

Love being carded

Love the convenience of one stop shopping

Wegmans expands sale of alcohol in two Central Jersey stores | mycentraljersey.com | MyCentralJersey.com

Old 08-07-2010, 10:11 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,678,989 times
To the OP:

OK, you stumbled on a difference. Beer & wine are not sold in supermarkets & grocery stores in NJ. Hard liquor, beer & wine are sold in separate liquor stores, except that chains are allowed to sell alcohol in one store in the state. Those stores are always in North Jersey. The stores are allowed to sell in other locations if they keep it totally separate.

PA has State Stores which are similar to ABC stores.

South Jersey does have dry towns, so you will find BYOB restaurants in those towns & liquor licenses are limited so you might find a BYOB in a town that is not dry.

If you're used to having wine in the house, run to Aldi & grab some Winking Owl & run to Trader Joe's & grab some 3 Buck Chuck, before you move, & no one will know the difference. The chance of someone in South Jersey having a clue where it came from is slim to none.

Old 08-08-2010, 05:18 PM

21 posts, read 47,318 times
Hope your weekend turned around SAHM and your family is able to find a place.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:43 AM

36 posts, read 176,536 times
Update: We went out with the second real estate agent on Saturday and she was a huge help. We saw quite a few houses, and found one that we really liked in Kings Grant in Marlton? (I'm totally confused about the Evesham/Marlton thing, are they two separate towns?) Anywoo, I spoke with the agent today and she said that the owners accepted our offer, however, we are STILL waiting on my DHs relocation bonus in order to put a deposit down on the house. I'm really hoping they will work with us on this, DH is supposed to receive the relocation bonus next Thursday (19th) and our possible move in date is the 20th. The owners are quite desparate for the total funds right now, and just a signed lease isn't going to cut it for them until the 19th. So, now the whole issue is whether or not we can get DHs company to give us the $$$ before the 19th.

Anyone have any info about Kings Grant? We really got a good feeling about the community and the surrounding areas we drove through. I liked it much better than the homes we saw in Cherry Hill. I felt like the Kings Grant area just had more of a small town community type feel. Thanks to everyone for following along on our story!

Old 08-09-2010, 11:02 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,682,136 times
King's Grant is a nice area. Just a little background on Evesham Twp. The entire area is Evesham Twp. Marlton is a census designated area within the township that existed as a village for sometime. The area is locally referred to as "Marlton", but Evehsam Twp. is the correct term. It is arguably one of the top communities in the area and has an excellent school system.

King's Grant was a planned development built beginning in 1974 in an area that is otherwise considered to be protected wetlands and part of the Pine Barrens. The overall design was to stike a balance between housing and environmental conservation. King's Grant is universally controlled by the King's Grant Open Space Association. Additionally some developments have their own association in addition to the KGOSA. You should find out which community you will be in and exactly what that community provides. For instance, some do all exterior maintenance and have a private pool only useable by people in that community. You are only renting, but you may want to get copies of the KGOSA (and HOA if it applies) rulebooks as there are some strict rules that govern certain communities.

King's Grant has it's own elementary school located within the development. It is the Richard Rice school and is located in the middle of the development off Crown Royal Parkway. It's a good school and is considered average for Marlton. The middle school is located very close to King's Grant and the kids are bussed. The high school is Cherokee, which is one of the better area high schools. Additionally there is a swimming pool and other facilities located at the King's Grant clubhouse near the one entrance.

It is a very quiet and safe area. There are a couple developments that are more condo/apartment that people who live there seem to think attract "less desirables", but nothing I would be worried about. There were a couple murders there a few years ago that were high profile for the area, but they involved a mentally disturbed person. This was such big news because nothing like that ever happened there before. Again, I wouldn't be concerned, but if you Google King's Grant, you will probably find the articles. These were considred very isolated incidents.

The area is a little more remote than other areas of Marlton. There is a small shopping plaza near the entrance and some more small shops if you hit the main road and head towards Medford Lakes. Leaving King's Grant and heading towards 73 you will run into some very large shopping centers. Immediately off that road, making a right going north on 73 is the Promenade followed by a couple more large shopping plazas. If you go left or south on 73 you will run into a Target and a shopping plaza that has a Genuardi's, which is the closest supermarket. Continuing down 73 south towards Berlin, you will hit another large shopping plaza that contains a BJ's (warehouse club like Sam's or Costco) and a Lowe's.

It's a nice area and my wife and I strongly considered buying there, before settling on the Swedesboro area. Good luck with the move and I'm sure you will get the money issue worked out.

Old 08-09-2010, 11:20 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,137,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahm2kaitlyne View Post

Anyone have any info about Kings Grant? We really got a good feeling about the community and the surrounding areas we drove through. I liked it much better than the homes we saw in Cherry Hill. I felt like the Kings Grant area just had more of a small town community type feel. Thanks to everyone for following along on our story!
I currently live in King's Grant. My sister does as well. It is very family oriented. There are probably about 100 houses in my little section and I would guess that 80 of those have kids in High School and younger. People are very friendly. And if you like golf you are in luck. The pool is pretty decent considering it is covered in the very small HOA fee. There are some other amenities as well that are nice (lake/tennis/ball fields/tot lots).

If you have any more specific questions feel free to ask or shoot me a DM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia