Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2010, 05:26 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,876,438 times

Advertisements

we have never been to produce junction. hmm, sound like we need to The Library II is an excellent steak house. The salad bar is awesome!
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2010, 06:35 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,678,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
we have never been to produce junction. hmm, sound like we need to The Library II is an excellent steak house. The salad bar is awesome!
FYI on Produce Junction, I've gone & left with nothing. I've gone & left with part of what I went for. I've gone & left with more than I went for. Go with that attitude & you will never be disappointed.

They sell plants, usually for pennies on the dollar.

I remember when they started. They would go to the regional market in Philly, buy left-overs, & drive around in the city, selling from a truck. I used to see them selling from the truck.

Usually, in late July & early August, you can get Jersey tomatoes for 50 cents a pound.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:05 AM

36 posts, read 176,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
FYI on Produce Junction, I've gone & left with nothing. I've gone & left with part of what I went for. I've gone & left with more than I went for. Go with that attitude & you will never be disappointed.

They sell plants, usually for pennies on the dollar.

I remember when they started. They would go to the regional market in Philly, buy left-overs, & drive around in the city, selling from a truck. I used to see them selling from the truck.

Usually, in late July & early August, you can get Jersey tomatoes for 50 cents a pound.

So how can I find Produce Junction? Is it just a stand that moves around locations? I'm intrigued now Sounds like my kind of thing since I usually head straight for the "reduced for quick sale" produce at the grocery store, hehe...

Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions, I can't wait to try them out!

Old 08-25-2010, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahm2kaitlyne View Post
So how can I find Produce Junction? Is it just a stand that moves around locations? I'm intrigued now Sounds like my kind of thing since I usually head straight for the "reduced for quick sale" produce at the grocery store, hehe...

Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions, I can't wait to try them out!
There's 2 Produce Junctions in what will probably be your normal travels. One is on Route 70, near the "downtown" area of Marlton. The other is behind the Moorestown Mall. It was their 1st NJ location. Produce Junction Inc (Produce Junction, Inc) - Maple Shade, New Jersey (NJ) | Company Profile

Produce Junction is the ultimate in "no frills" Items on the side tables are items that you can pick. Then get in line & you'll be served in order from the line. Employees will get the bags for you. Get a bag of sweet onions & a bag of frying peppers while you're there. We'll tell you how to fix peppers & onions. Frying peppers are not bell peppers.

You buy vegetables on one side & fruit on the other. 2 separate sides, 2 separate lines. No carts, so you might take what you buy to the car & come back in. Plants are sometimes separate, sometimes paid for at the fruit side. Eggs are paid for on either side.

You & I know that most NJ transplants to NC are from North Jersey. As more from South Jersey & Philly come down, it's just a matter of time before a Produce Junction type place springs up down here.

Let me know what you think of the place after you've tried them, then again after you've been back a few times. (& you will go back, believe me.)

Old 08-25-2010, 08:35 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,795,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
That farm is called Johnsons farm.. We have been going there for haunted hey rides and pumpkin picking for years.

Hayrides, Strawberry, Blueberry, Apple, and Pumpkin Picking - Farm Produce - Johnson's Farm

a really good bar/restaurant is Otts in Delran. The crab soup is outstanding.

Ott's - Home

how about the Berlin farmers market??

Berlin Farmer's Market - where shopping is an adventure

or columbus..

Index

For an excellent true farmers market for fresh jersey fruit and veggies and the BEST rotisserie chickens and tomato/cheese pies and corn go to ..

Google Maps

welcome to jersey!!!!!
My wife went out of her way last week, back in NJ for a funeral, to go to Johnson's Farm for their tomato pie. Everything there is yummy, actually. Frankgn87, you are absolutely correct about that one. I've been to the Columbus Farmers Market twice, as well, and that was a great experience.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:49 AM

1,340 posts, read 3,697,578 times
Collingswood Farmers Market is fun for a Saturday morning stroll. (Right near the Collingwood PATCO station)

I second Lou Ann's Deli on Rt. 70. Dumpy place but good hoagies.

My favorite Italian (tad far from you) is Cottardo's in Blackwood.

I think the Whole Foods here is rather disappointing when it comes to produce. Big let down to other Whole Foods I have been to...

Old 08-25-2010, 09:17 AM

691 posts, read 3,060,451 times
Pietro's Pizza makes excellent pizza in Marlton - right on route 70 past the intersection with 73. Pietro's Pizza: Coal Oven Pizzeria, Restaurants, Marlton, New Jersey, Philadelphia, NJ, PA, South Street, Walnut Street

The Mexican Food Factory is also a great restaurant that looks like a dump on the outside. It is also on Route 70 - a little past the Kohl's/ Shoprite shopping center. The Mexican Food Factory | Call 856-983-9222

Old 08-25-2010, 09:49 AM

17,573 posts, read 46,137,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzBoy View Post

The Mexican Food Factory is also a great restaurant that looks like a dump on the outside. It is also on Route 70 - a little past the Kohl's/ Shoprite shopping center. The Mexican Food Factory | Call 856-983-9222
I've been wondering about that place. It always looked a bit scary. I'll have to give it a shot.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I've been wondering about that place. It always looked a bit scary. I'll have to give it a shot.
I had a friend who was older (between my mother & me in age). She & her husband used to go to The Mexican Food Factory for years. (They are now both deceased.) In more recent years, they alternated between The Mexican Food Factory & Don Pablo's over at Eastgate.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:26 PM

17,573 posts, read 46,137,120 times
So where is the best sushi around Marlton?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia