Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2011, 03:35 PM

1,953 posts, read 3,878,032 times

Advertisements

I was thinking, if a bunch of Camden County towns did join a regionalized police force, could the cars keep the individual town names? Meaning could patrol cars of Camden County Police serving Collingswood still say Collingswood Police on them, for example? Or does there need to be one standardized design/livery across the entire fleet? I feel like individualizing it would make the general public more likely to accept a regional force.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2011, 10:31 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,691,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soug View Post
I was thinking, if a bunch of Camden County towns did join a regionalized police force, could the cars keep the individual town names? Meaning could patrol cars of Camden County Police serving Collingswood still say Collingswood Police on them, for example? Or does there need to be one standardized design/livery across the entire fleet? I feel like individualizing it would make the general public more likely to accept a regional force.
I think at first they would keep them exactly how they are. However, as they cycled the fleet, they would probably begin to introduce county specific lettering. There would also be a strong push to standardize the various patrol cars used. So you wouldn't see Collingswood in Chargers and Haddon Twp. in Crown Vics.

PS You won't see Crown Vics anyway as they are done and being replaced by Tauruses, but you get my point.

Old 05-09-2011, 11:28 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soug View Post
I could see some towns trying to form larger, regionalized groups, but overall, too many people would be vehemently opposed to an actual county-wide police force for a lot of politicians to be re-elected. The minute that Camden is included, support is going to go out the door. The cars are not going to make it better for those who are opposed

Old 06-07-2011, 08:42 PM

1,953 posts, read 3,878,032 times
"Camden County released a seven page proposal detailing the possible plans, benefits, and structures for a Camden County wide police force today to representatives from municipalities throughout the county.
Here is the report in its entirety:"
The Voorhees Sun - A countywide police force taking the next step?

Here's the part I like:
" The County will utilize uniforms, equipment vehicles, etc. of the participating municipalities. CCPD officers will have their local identity, and will appear to the community as they do now, as local officers. Attire, equipment, vehicles, etc. will all have the municipal district/regional name to ensure the force continues to be locally identified (The name of municipality District or Region). The CCPD should ensure community familiarity, strong local identity and involvement by the designated leadership of the participating municipalities"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia