Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2011, 12:40 AM

1 posts, read 1,029 times

Advertisements

Hi all...

So I'm pretty sure my hubby and I have had enough of Philly and were thinking about migrating to NJ. Philly would be fine for just us, but can't see raising our son in this city/filth.

Sooo... we were looking into the Turnersville/Sewell/Blackwood area. My brother-in-law lives there and if we do make the epic move to Jersey, we want to be near someone we know. The homes seem pretty affordable in those areas as compared to Philly rowhomes in the NE. Seems like we could get a nice house with a huge yard and a pool for the same price. Taxes blow but we would be saving money in tuition and tolls (hubby already works in NJ)

Anyways, here is my question. I really have no idea about anything in Jersey and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about schools in that area. Our son will be 5 in May and going into kindergarten in Sept. Does anyone have a good recommendation for K and then i guess a great elementary school in general?

thanks so much for reading my novel... any help would be very much appreciated!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2011, 07:05 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,868,226 times
We made the move from Philly to jersey years ago and it was the best decision we have ever made. Smart thinking nlm.. We are in Burlington county though and really have little to add about T/S/B area but I do know its a good area as we have friends there and they are happy too. Good luck!

Old 04-09-2011, 07:14 AM

23,809 posts, read 34,654,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nlm3198 View Post
Hi all...

So I'm pretty sure my hubby and I have had enough of Philly and were thinking about migrating to NJ. Philly would be fine for just us, but can't see raising our son in this city/filth.

Sooo... we were looking into the Turnersville/Sewell/Blackwood area. My brother-in-law lives there and if we do make the epic move to Jersey, we want to be near someone we know. The homes seem pretty affordable in those areas as compared to Philly rowhomes in the NE. Seems like we could get a nice house with a huge yard and a pool for the same price. Taxes blow but we would be saving money in tuition and tolls (hubby already works in NJ)

Anyways, here is my question. I really have no idea about anything in Jersey and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions about schools in that area. Our son will be 5 in May and going into kindergarten in Sept. Does anyone have a good recommendation for K and then i guess a great elementary school in general?

thanks so much for reading my novel... any help would be very much appreciated!!!
You might want to start with this thread. It's an old thread that was recently revived. Sewell, Turnersville/Blackwood, Bellmawr

Old 04-11-2011, 10:43 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,665,285 times
There's quite a bit of difference between those areas in terms of school system depending on exactly where you will be. In general Washington Twp. of which some of those areas are a part considered the "best" in terms of schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia