U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-21-2011, 08:15 AM

93 posts, read 106,024 times
Default cooper river 4th pf july

Read in the paper today that this annual event has been cancelled because of no money in the budget.Very sad if you ask me,but I'm not surprised anyway.I've seen many great concerts there during the 4th,America,Pat Benatar,Peter Frampton,only to name a few.If they could charge you for fireworks,they would.I wonder what's next in this economy that we all loved & so used to going to as a family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 09:08 AM

13,569 posts, read 15,937,425 times
That was always a nice event, but it does make sense why it was cancelled. Each and every town feels they need to have their own fireworks and seperate events. Those things cost a lot of money. Last year my town didn't have fireworks citing the expense and that there were no less than 15 other communities within a 15 mile radius that were having fireworks that day. They saved the money and rolled it into the town's carnival day capped off with fireworks, but that event is heavily subsidized by local businesses.

In Camden County, I was always surprised that the various little towns didn't pool resources to put on a combined event. It would cost everyone a lot less and would be of better quality than what most towns do.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:46 AM

94 posts, read 131,708 times
The July 4th concert got moved to the Camden concert (whatever it's name is now) arena with Styx and Yes performing. The cheapest tix are $10.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:04 PM

1,308 posts, read 2,140,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by discndav View Post
The July 4th concert got moved to the Camden concert (whatever it's name is now) arena with Styx and Yes performing. The cheapest tix are $10.
$10 for Styz and YES? hahaha. Nice try..

Old 04-22-2011, 08:08 AM

207 posts, read 220,252 times
You'd have to pay me a lot more than $10 to suffer through Styx & Yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia