U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2011, 11:27 AM

364 posts, read 964,085 times

Advertisements

I am trying to find a picture of Larchmont Elementary school to show my son where he'll be going to school and I cannot find anything on the 'net. Can anyone help me out?
TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 12:35 PM

14,776 posts, read 34,284,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luhts View Post
I am trying to find a picture of Larchmont Elementary school to show my son where he'll be going to school and I cannot find anything on the 'net. Can anyone help me out?
TIA
If you "google" the school and then click on the map you can see an aerial shot. You can then also drag and drop the yellow man to switch to street view and take a virtual drive through the neighborhood which includes multiple views of the school and land around it. As far as I could tell the entire Larchmont area was available on street view. You might even be able to "drive" from your house to the school so he can see the neighborhood.

A lot of schools are now not posting any images on their website do to security reasons unless you have a parent login account. However, I was able to find this picture of Larchmont from when it is was built in 1990 on a history of Mt. Laurel site:

Education in Mount Laurel

Old 05-26-2011, 06:59 PM

7,780 posts, read 17,698,685 times
NJgoat. the street level on google does not work for the school. At work today and now at home. its black.. Weird

Old 05-26-2011, 09:31 PM

22,456 posts, read 21,493,586 times
Yes, weird. If you'd like to see the roof of the school, go to Bing maps.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:09 AM

14,776 posts, read 34,284,052 times
Sorry about the street view recommendation, it worked when we were moving. I don't have the correct flash plugin at work to use it, but it looked like it was available. I tried at home and it's not available, but not because it hasn't been mapped, but because the images have been removed.

At first I thought it might have something to do with it being a school, but I can go and look at plenty of other schools in NJ on street view without an issue. FWIW, the picture I posted is the only thing I could find. The district has no pictures of the school anywhere on the website. Even the pictures they do have are stock photos and not of actual kids or classes. The only way to view the districts actual photos is to login through the parent portal.

Old 05-27-2011, 01:08 PM

364 posts, read 964,085 times
Yes, I am finding a lot of that area doesn't work on Google maps.
Thanks so much for the picture!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia