U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 11:40 PM

43 posts, read 45,028 times

Advertisements

It looks like we'll be in NJ around July 8th, so now we need to find a rental. I was looking at what's available and was hoping you all could please help me with information on some neighborhoods...

Heron Pointe in Marlton
Waters Edge in Kings Grant
Europa in Cherry Hill
Chanticleer in Cherry Hill
Kings Croft in Cherry Hill
Centennial Mill in Voorhees

Thank you!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2011, 07:23 AM

1,696 posts, read 3,183,207 times
Those sound like master planned developments, not neighborhoods. There are way more neighborhoods than that. Do you want information on neighborhoods, or large developments with HOAs?

Old 06-17-2011, 09:33 AM

13,679 posts, read 17,587,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki1130 View Post
It looks like we'll be in NJ around July 8th, so now we need to find a rental. I was looking at what's available and was hoping you all could please help me with information on some neighborhoods...

Heron Pointe in Marlton
Waters Edge in Kings Grant
Europa in Cherry Hill
Chanticleer in Cherry Hill
Kings Croft in Cherry Hill
Centennial Mill in Voorhees

Thank you!!!
Heron Pointe is a nice development, but it is smack dab in the middle of some major roads (Greentree and Maple) that see a lot of traffic. You won't really be walking anywhere outside of the immediate community. However, you will also have easy access to all the major shopping centers in Marlton.

Waters Edge I believe is the newest development in King's Grant and is pretty nice. The only thing I would look out for is that most of the properties along the lake are right on the lake and not fenced in. If you have kids this could be an issue. Outside of that it is King's Grant and overall a very nice community. It is a little off the beaten path, but you have a ton of open space and a lot of amenities to enjoy as well as an elementray school being right in the development.

Europa, I don't know too much about. The Turnpike and 295 run right behind the development and the development itself empties onto Marlkress which is a very busy street. Again, this is a development you won't be walking to many places from. You do get real easy access to 295 though, so that is a nice plus.

Chanticleer is near the border of Cherry Hill, Voorhees and Marlton is a nice area overall. I have seen/heard some complaints about Chanticleer on this board, but they were from owners upset over property values and maintenance costs. There is a large Section 8 housing section there, but that is true of almost any development. The nice thing about Chanticleer is that you are pretty close to some large parks and ball fields as well as the main shopping areas in Marlton. Also, if you happen to be Jewish, the JCC and a couple major temples are in that area as well.

Kings Croft is a nice development. Several people I work with live there and are quite happy with it. The community has some decent amenities and is in a good location for easy access to all the major malls. Again, there isn't much you can walk to from the development as it empties onto Church Rd. and King's Highway which are both major roads. Thomas Paine Elementary is right next to the development though, so it's convenient for kids in school.

Centennial Mill is the newest development on your list and is in a nice if not somewhat rural area of Voorhees. However, I am 99% sure that it is an active adult community, so you would need to be 55+ to live there and not have any kids.

Of the ones on your list, Waters Edge would be my first choice, then King's Croft, then Chanticleer.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:41 AM

17,579 posts, read 21,205,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarp View Post
Those sound like master planned developments, not neighborhoods. There are way more neighborhoods than that. Do you want information on neighborhoods, or large developments with HOAs?
I think those places were listed because they had rentals. I don't think it was meant to be any kind of comprehensive list of neighborhoods.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:59 AM

13,183 posts, read 13,215,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
Heron Pointe is a nice development, but it is smack dab in the middle of some major roads (Greentree and Maple) that see a lot of traffic. You won't really be walking anywhere outside of the immediate community. However, you will also have easy access to all the major shopping centers in Marlton.

Waters Edge I believe is the newest development in King's Grant and is pretty nice. The only thing I would look out for is that most of the properties along the lake are right on the lake and not fenced in. If you have kids this could be an issue. Outside of that it is King's Grant and overall a very nice community. It is a little off the beaten path, but you have a ton of open space and a lot of amenities to enjoy as well as an elementray school being right in the development.

Europa, I don't know too much about. The Turnpike and 295 run right behind the development and the development itself empties onto Marlkress which is a very busy street. Again, this is a development you won't be walking to many places from. You do get real easy access to 295 though, so that is a nice plus.

Chanticleer is near the border of Cherry Hill, Voorhees and Marlton is a nice area overall. I have seen/heard some complaints about Chanticleer on this board, but they were from owners upset over property values and maintenance costs. There is a large Section 8 housing section there, but that is true of almost any development. The nice thing about Chanticleer is that you are pretty close to some large parks and ball fields as well as the main shopping areas in Marlton. Also, if you happen to be Jewish, the JCC and a couple major temples are in that area as well.

Kings Croft is a nice development. Several people I work with live there and are quite happy with it. The community has some decent amenities and is in a good location for easy access to all the major malls. Again, there isn't much you can walk to from the development as it empties onto Church Rd. and King's Highway which are both major roads. Thomas Paine Elementary is right next to the development though, so it's convenient for kids in school.

Centennial Mill is the newest development on your list and is in a nice if not somewhat rural area of Voorhees. However, I am 99% sure that it is an active adult community, so you would need to be 55+ to live there and not have any kids.

Of the ones on your list, Waters Edge would be my first choice, then King's Croft, then Chanticleer.
Kings Croft was built by Scarborough. Walking east on Church Road after Paine school is Roberts Mills Apts., then a small shopping center.

Old 06-17-2011, 01:22 PM

145 posts, read 152,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post

That would be me. In my opinion Chanticleer is going downhill fast.

Old 06-17-2011, 03:50 PM

43 posts, read 45,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
I think those places were listed because they had rentals. I don't think it was meant to be any kind of comprehensive list of neighborhoods.

That's exactly it Manderly6! Those are the areas that have decent looking town homes for rent, I just called them the wrong thing. My husband needs to look at everything and make a decision in 2 days.

You are a huge help NJGOAT, thank you for the information. Thanks for telling me about Centennial Mill. That wasn't in the description on the listing, but I just saw 55+ on another listing.

Old 06-18-2011, 07:45 AM

349 posts, read 520,238 times
I don't like any of those options...you need to look in Mt. Laurel.

Old 06-18-2011, 09:14 AM

259 posts, read 563,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki1130 View Post
My husband needs to look at everything and make a decision in 2 days.
Nothing like a shotgun apartment!

How about The Woods in Cherry Hill? Friends of ours rented there for a year and were happy with their stay. Also Society Hill on Springdale Rd in CH looks nice.

Old 06-18-2011, 07:03 PM

17,579 posts, read 21,205,110 times
I had forgotten which one was Waters Edge. Drove by today. Those places are really nice. And they are very close to the community pool. I would have to guess those are the nicest non single family houses in Kings Grant. I don't think they are right on the lake. Or at least not all of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia