U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-08-2011, 05:02 PM

800 posts, read 1,120,509 times
Question Cable & Internet Providers

Are there any other companies in the Camden/Gloucester County area that offer Cable & Internet services besides Verizon & Comcast?
I'm not able to get Verizon due to the strike, and I'm not a fan of Comcast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2011, 08:21 AM

800 posts, read 1,120,509 times
well I just had to suck it up and deal with Comcast. Hopefully this Verizon thing ends soon . . .

Old 08-09-2011, 08:57 AM

13,569 posts, read 15,669,595 times
Those are the only two games in town. The only option outside of them is satellite, but you will still be tied to Comcast or Verizon for internet and phone.

My area only has Comcast, but I previously had FiOS and my parents have it as well. Overall I have been pretty happy with my Comcast service and it has worked out to be a little cheaper than what FiOS would be for the same level of service and number of boxes I need. Also, if you are a sports fan, FiOS doesn't carry CN8 as that is a Comcast only channel. Some baseball and hockey games are carried on CN8, so if you are into those sports, you would miss those games if you had FiOS.

Old 08-14-2011, 09:14 PM

756 posts, read 883,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
Those are the only two games in town. The only option outside of them is satellite, but you will still be tied to Comcast or Verizon for internet and phone.

My area only has Comcast, but I previously had FiOS and my parents have it as well. Overall I have been pretty happy with my Comcast service and it has worked out to be a little cheaper than what FiOS would be for the same level of service and number of boxes I need. Also, if you are a sports fan, FiOS doesn't carry CN8 as that is a Comcast only channel. Some baseball and hockey games are carried on CN8, so if you are into those sports, you would miss those games if you had FiOS.
Fios carries the The Comcast Network (on Ch.99).

Old 08-15-2011, 08:56 AM

13,569 posts, read 15,669,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by avg12 View Post
Fios carries the The Comcast Network (on Ch.99).
Good to know. When I had FiOS, they didn't carry CN8. Comcast was forced to allow them to carry Comcast Sportsnet, but they didn't have to give them CN8. Of course, all the games that used to be carried on the WB or another network when there were conflicts all ended up on CN8. I remember missing quite a few Flyers and Phillies games because of that. Next time I'm at my parents I'll have to check it out.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:49 PM

756 posts, read 883,694 times
Yup, CN8 is now rebranded back to The Comcast Network. Fios doesn't carry a HD feed for this channel, if one still exists - don't know.

The Fios internet doesn't support MusicChoice the same way Comcast supports music listening online. On than that, Fios has pretty much everything that is on Comcast, with exceptions being DVR and On Demand services likely varying between the two. Fios has some channels not on Comcast.

Even after 2 years with Fios, I find Fios' channel numbering is still difficult to maneuver, compared to previous experiences with Comcast and Dish Network. e.g. The premium movies start at 340 (rather than 300 or 400) and rather than starting with HBO, Fios started Ch. 340 with Starz. 840 and higher is the HD versions.

Unlike Comcast, Verizon has limited customer service on Sundays.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia