Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 09:03 PM

1,726 posts, read 5,859,468 times

Advertisements

I have tried Coriander, Gagan Palace, and Palace of India and all three of them have been very disappointing to say the least. In Philly, I have also tried New Delhi and Sitar. All of these restaurants are too oily/salty or don't use fresh spices. Most of the time it tastes like they just took a pre-mixed spice packet and dumped it into a pot. Coriander is probably the best out of those three, but their food did not sit well with me - too salty. For good Indian food, you need to go up to Edison or down to Northern Virginia. I had amazing south Indian food at Coriander Chettinad cuisine in Edison. I have heard there are awesome north indian options in that area too, but I have not tried yet. Some of the most amazing north Indian food is in Northern VA in the Fairfax and Herndon areas. Back to South Jersey - I have heard good things about IndieBlue in Collingswood, but have yet to try it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2016, 11:16 PM

4 posts, read 8,723 times
I am planning to move to Haddonfiekd/Cherry hill/Vorhees area .
I would like to open a Bharathanatyam /Carnatic music school , and I also teach folk/bollywood dancing . Is there a sizable South Indian population in these areas ? I heard that there are a good number of Gujrathi/Punjabi families .
Thanks

Old 01-23-2016, 10:42 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,751,064 times
Cherry Hill and Voorhees have very high Indian populations. How much of them are South Indian? I do not know. I'm not attuned to the different kinds of Indians, though maybe South Indians have darker skin if I'm not mistaken? Either way, those towns would be your best bets, perhaps Voorhees a little moreso. Haddonfield is almost exclusively white.

Old 01-29-2016, 10:11 AM

16 posts, read 30,321 times
I play Tennis in mount laurel with a lot of Indian guys. The courts we play at are generally swarming with Indian families after work. I think that development (off of larchmont, north of 38) is very heavily Indian populated.

Old 01-30-2016, 09:35 AM

516 posts, read 1,616,464 times
Do you mean Native-Americans (formerly known as "Indians") or Asian-Indians? I assume the latter. Cherry Hill and Voorhees have many Asian-Indian families.

Old 02-02-2016, 03:14 PM

592 posts, read 1,477,742 times
Nothing down in South Jersey is like Edison NJ, where its literally large neighborhoods of Indian residents.

But the towns that everyone is mentioning... Cherry Hill, Voorhees, etc.. all have a mix of Asian-Indians in the towns, and are very accepted in the communities

Old 02-09-2016, 12:47 AM

4 posts, read 8,723 times
I am a teacher of Carnatic music and Bharathanatyam , looking to relocate to South Jersey. would there be a population interested in these arts? Searched several sites but could find only 2 teachers in Cherry Hill and none in Vorhees. we are looking at Haddonfield, Cherry Hill and Vorhees. what is the proximity to downtown Philly?
thank you
C.S
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia