Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 11:27 AM

11 posts, read 52,854 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,

I am in NYC and may potentially relocate to this region. I would be working in two satellite cities (Salem and Elmer) and I hear very high recommendations for Mullica / Swedesboro area. I posted a bunch of questions about this region and would LOVE any replies to my own post. Please help!

http://www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...ease-help.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2008, 05:51 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,759,049 times
Ok, now we've heard about the radon and that's a definite to check out, especially if it's easy to remedy.

Now, are there any flood areas??

Old 11-29-2008, 12:39 PM

392 posts, read 1,539,015 times
I love Woolwich. They are all great towns and depend on your needs. Swedesboro is older, small town, slow progress (most of the residents are against progress and more for keeping things historic), cheaper taxes and prices. Woolwich is new construction, new schools, developing stores and places to eat now, nice park (just recently expanded). Woolwich is great for families for sure. Taxes are high. Prices range from 300-500 for a single home.
Mullica Hill is expensive taxes and prices like woolwich but is a more historic town with antique stores, etc. If you prefer the older classic home over the new construction, choose Mullica Hill. If you prefer the new construction type areas, choose Woolwich.

\

Old 11-29-2008, 12:40 PM

392 posts, read 1,539,015 times
also, too add, none are flood areas as far as I know

Old 11-12-2017, 08:55 PM

3 posts, read 2,339 times
Hi everyone,

Looking to buy in Mount Royal(new construction)(kingsway school district)can anyone give me heads up? I have a 4th grader and I need good school and nice are although I don't see much stores around (grocery, bank, pharmacy etc)I looked Woolwich too, but it says they use the same school
District. I hope I get response soon!! I only have a few days to back out and seek elsewhere.

Is this a flooding zone? Hospitals? Police? Anything fun to do around with children? Sports for kids?
Thanks!!

Old 11-13-2017, 12:58 PM

32,919 posts, read 36,316,341 times
You need to get busy and start looking for some these things online and making calls. You can find store locations on Google maps.

https://www.google.com/maps/search/m....1491058,12.5z

Police? I'm not sure what you're asking. The area is covered by the East Greenwich Twp Police Department. I just called them to verify that.

You can find school ratings online. The local elementary school gets a good rating, and while Kingsway's isn't quite as high, it looks like a terrific school.

https://www.krsd.org/Page/441

The nearest hospital is Inspira in Woodbury, so not far away. If anything really bad happens, you'd be near Philly.

I'm not sure about flooding, but that tract of land backs up to Mantua Creek. I've found the HUD flood maps a bit difficult to wade through, decipher. You should be able to get that information from your insurer.

Old 11-14-2017, 03:02 PM

592 posts, read 1,477,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
The nearest hospital is Inspira in Woodbury, so not far away. If anything really bad happens, you'd be near Philly.

The new Inspira hospital will be build in Harrison Twp at 55 and 322
Inspira breaks ground for new $349M hospital in South Jersey | NJ.com

Old 11-15-2017, 06:50 AM

32,919 posts, read 36,316,341 times
That's great. They can certainly use a hospital by the university and Pitman.

Old 12-03-2017, 02:32 AM

26 posts, read 29,293 times
Koo koo ka chew.

Old 12-04-2017, 09:23 AM

1,493 posts, read 1,518,718 times
I was considering both Swedesboro and Mullica Hill (55+ communities) but the taxes are crazy.

Of course if someone has a great paying job (or 2 incomes) it may not matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia