Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2011, 10:34 AM

22 posts, read 50,096 times

Advertisements

Hello All

I am looking at the new apartments in Trenton called Broad Street Bank Apartments.

The size of the apartments and cost fit my budget and I work on State Street in Trenton and use the train station so the commute is ideal.

I've always lived in NJ so I'm aware of what "living in Trenton" means. However, I know that these apartments were meant for professionals and not intended to be unsafe or low-income housing.

I'm 23, female, and would be living alone. I've started to get to know the area pretty well but I'm still concerned for my safety. I'm not afraid of city living in general, I actually love it but I want to be safe about this.

Does anyone have any insight to this building? Is the neighborhood OK? Have there been any incidents?

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2011, 01:02 PM

3,026 posts, read 9,053,778 times
That area of East State St. is certainly not the worst of Trenton, but you might want to do a little more research.
The building does accept Section 8 (if that is a concern for you....it would be for me) http://www.trueservantpreschool.org/...0Directory.pdf

I would speak with some of the residents. Here are some recent comments from current residents.
Broad Street Bank Apartment Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Trenton apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com

Old 09-11-2011, 03:18 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,880,174 times
I'd stay far away from section 8 if I had my choice

Old 09-25-2011, 12:02 PM

1 posts, read 5,210 times
I have lived in the Broad St Bank Apts for almost two years and I can't wait to get outta there. My roomates car has been broken into as well as other cars. There is a security gaurd at night but there just hanging outside with a crowd of people smoking cigaretts and blocking the entrance to the building. There is a barber shop on the East State side of the building were there are men sitting outside that harass women when they walk past and I have had one man from that barber shop harass me but I ignore him. I have witnessed people smoking marijuana outside the building and smelled it in the hallways. There are many other problems with this building.

I do not recomend this place at all

Old 10-09-2011, 06:47 PM

9 posts, read 18,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose488 View Post
Hello All

I am looking at the new apartments in Trenton called Broad Street Bank Apartments.

The size of the apartments and cost fit my budget and I work on State Street in Trenton and use the train station so the commute is ideal.

I've always lived in NJ so I'm aware of what "living in Trenton" means. However, I know that these apartments were meant for professionals and not intended to be unsafe or low-income housing.

I'm 23, female, and would be living alone. I've started to get to know the area pretty well but I'm still concerned for my safety. I'm not afraid of city living in general, I actually love it but I want to be safe about this.

Does anyone have any insight to this building? Is the neighborhood OK? Have there been any incidents?

Thanks in advance!
These apartments may not have been meant to be unsafe, but it appears that they are. You do realize that the parking is across the street? Are you ready to come home anytime after dark and walk from your car to the apartment building? Good luck with that. Especially since Trenton just laid off a bunch of cops.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia