Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 07:17 AM

7 posts, read 16,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
be aware that the taxes sand the monthly fees are high. The taxes for our large single home with grund is LESS then what were looking at at CH. Not to mention the $250 a month fees.
The taxes for this condo are $3800 - which seemed OK to me? The HOA fee is high (esp. since they don't have the pool or community center built yet) - which is part of the reason I asked about the community in the first place. Don't want to be paying so much only to find out that the community doesn't do many of the things promised/isn't all that great of a place to live anyway
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2011, 11:12 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,880,174 times
yea $3800 is not bad. The one we were looking at was $6500 there

Old 10-14-2011, 01:39 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,853,319 times
Are there plans to develop on the abandoned plot of land to the North of this site and on the Factories across the tracks?

Old 10-14-2011, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
Are there plans to develop on the abandoned plot of land to the North of this site and on the Factories across the tracks?
From asking about the area when I went to visit, they plan to build another type of units (they are building one more of the Matisse/Rubens type). I think it was 150 or 200 odd units, if I remember correctly I think the whole community 500 something..) Once they hit a certain number is when they'll do the pool and community center.. and then in the final phase of construction they intend to build a river walk.

As for across the street - I have no clue.

Old 10-14-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliMarie View Post
From asking about the area when I went to visit, they plan to build another type of units (they are building one more of the Matisse/Rubens type). I think it was 150 or 200 odd units, if I remember correctly I think the whole community 500 something..) Once they hit a certain number is when they'll do the pool and community center.. and then in the final phase of construction they intend to build a river walk.

As for across the street - I have no clue.
so right now, the people there are paying $250 a month for the postage stamp lawn to be cut and 8' of snow removed on the sidewalk? Thats one reason we did not buy there too. No pool, no clubhouse, no riverwalk.. I would think they would have be be complete BEFORE the homes are complete.. As a selling feature. How do they sell/charge something that is not built yet?

Old 11-01-2011, 05:38 AM

10 posts, read 33,966 times
Hey KellieMarie... I looked there with my husband a few years ago and we ended up buying a single family home for as much as they were going for at the time... in Mount Laurel. I hope considering the following will help you...

1. What size family do you currently have / plan to have. I know that people who eventually have kids tend to be pushed out of condos because of space. Yes, they are beautiful and brand new models... very modern, but you may need more space in just a few years.

2. How much yard do you want? Even if you have a small yard, a single family home offers your own space and privacy. Do you want to be on top of your neighbors?

3. Do you have a commute? It is nice that the Riverline is right at your doorstep... if you can use it... otherwise, it's just noisy and can bring in people you may not want "right at your doorstep".

4. Do you have kids? Cinnaminson is a good school district, but like someone else said... that area of Cinnaminson is probably the least valued. It's more industrial and homes do not have as good resale value. Not sure if this holds true for that specific development, but definitely for the surrounding area.

In my personal opinion... unless you're looking for brand new, consider a single family home. In that price range, you could find something in Maple Shade that's nice or even Mount Laurel. The taxes would be a little higher but with no HOA fee, it would probably equal out. I consider these good school districts, too.

Hope this help you in your decision making.

Old 11-04-2011, 07:33 AM

Hi Mplmom -

Thanks for the reply! You bring up a lot of great questions that I definitely have considered.

1. I'm 25 and I'm really just looking for a place for me right now. Obviously in the future I'll need something bigger, but for my needs as I see them for the next 5 or so years, I don't think I'd be outgrowing it in that time.

2. A single family home would be ideal, but it's also something that would require a lot more maintenance and out-of-pocket money for me. The yard thing is something that makes me think I wouldn't want a condo, but in seeing the community I thought there was a lot of common space that would possibly bridge that gap.

3. I don't have a commute on the RiverLine (I work over in Mt. Laurel) - but thought that it could possibly help resale in the future, as it would be a selling point to someone who does?

4. No kids and probably a few years from having any, but I have been taking school district into account because I know that it could eventually play a part AND it'll definitely play a part in selling in the future.

I'm not looking for brand new, just kind of stumbled upon the community. The community looks great and fits what I see my needs being right now... I just know that because it's a condo I really do have to think about resale since it won't be my "forever" home.

Not being originally from the area, I really don't know a lot about the towns over here, but I thought (from conversations with co-workers) Maple Shade wasn't the nicest place to live?

Old 11-04-2011, 07:58 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,691,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelliMarie View Post
Not being originally from the area, I really don't know a lot about the towns over here, but I thought (from conversations with co-workers) Maple Shade wasn't the nicest place to live?
Maple Shade is a very blue collar town surrounded on all sides by decidedly white collar towns like Cherry Hill and Moorestown, hence why Maple Shade gets some of the "not so nice" comments. There is nothing wrong with the town itself. It is just as safe as any of the other areas and has a decent variety of housing stock. The school system isn't as good as other towns in the area, but it's not horrible either. Basically, Maple Shade is an average town surrounded by above average towns.

I would say that it is not a place I would choose to live as a young professional, but you could find a good deal there on a nice single family home that would be just as affordable as your condo and would have just as easy access to all of the amenities that the folks in the "better" towns enjoy.

It would really be a personal decision about the type of place you want to live in and whether you want people to nod their heads in approval when you tell them where you live.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:26 AM

640 posts, read 1,295,571 times
Default Just checked these out

I was there at these townhomes and did a search on this board for info first

Brand new really nice

They have a sale on the some models that are about 229,000 plus taxes and HOA

Taxes about 6000 a year and HOA 262 month.

I thought the HOA fees were high since the pool and clubhouse hadnt been built yet.

Seems like a good deal but i think prefer a single family home with less taxes and No HOA i hope.

but Ryan homes seems like a good builder and the area is close to shopping and stores

and u cant beat being right on the riverline for your commute to work.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:11 PM

you can buy a very nice single home for less taxes and no monthly fee. Thats an easy thing to do. Thats what we did. And glad we did
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia