Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2011, 07:28 AM

1,142 posts, read 2,132,509 times

Advertisements

I go into New York City to meet with friends for Thanksgiving and Christmas. My problem is I am moving to Delaware tomorrow and I cant drive in NYC. I was wondering if I drive to northern New Jersey is there a train or bus that will take me into NYC that would be close to the Parkway or the Turnpike and has parking available - Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 10:25 AM

50,786 posts, read 36,486,545 times
You don't have to drive all the way to north Jersey, there are direct buses to NYC from all over, I'm sure even Delaware. Check the Greyhound site. It's not expensive, from AC round trip it's $31 so probably not much more or even less from there. You could also drive to the Mt. Laurel Greyhound terminal, right off the turnpike. Or drive to Cherry Hill Mall and take Bolt bus for even cheaper than Greyhound (some seats are $1)

If you really want to drive to north Jersey you may be better off with a thread on the main NJ forum rather than the south Jersey sub-forum, as most here won't be as familiar with north Jersey train and bus stops.

Old 11-01-2011, 11:54 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,853,319 times
What part of Delaware? If you live in Northern Delaware then you can take Septa Wilmington line to 30th Street , then switch to the Septa Trenton line and then to the NJT Northeast Corridor line @ Trenton which takes you to NYP. It takes about 4hrs , mostly in NJ....with almost 2hrs....

Old 11-02-2011, 06:51 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ1252 View Post
I go into New York City to meet with friends for Thanksgiving and Christmas. My problem is I am moving to Delaware tomorrow and I cant drive in NYC. I was wondering if I drive to northern New Jersey is there a train or bus that will take me into NYC that would be close to the Parkway or the Turnpike and has parking available - Thank you
Amtrak has a stop in Wilmington. You can take Amtrak to NYC or take it to Philadelphia & take a bus from Philly, or any variation that suits you based on this or what Nexis suggested. You could drive to 30th St Station in Philly & take Amtrak from there. There is parking there. You can drive to Mt Laurel & take the bus. Don't forget to add in the bridge toll on that. You could take the Septa line to Philly & then take the subway into Center City to get a bus. Don't forget that there's a parade in Philly on Thanksgiving.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:20 AM

2,388 posts, read 2,341,464 times
There are also Greyhound stops in Delaware: Greyhound.com | Locations : States : Delaware

Old 11-02-2011, 09:55 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,691,956 times
Given that you are travelling on the holidays, I would just book tickets on Amtrak from Wilmington to NYC. You'll know when you're coming and going, you won't have to make any connections and you won't have to deal with any traffic.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:21 AM

2,269 posts, read 7,588,692 times
You can take the train to 30th Street and then take the Boltbus (stops right across the street from the train station) to 34th and 8th. You have to buy your tickets online. It's a lot easier than taking the train to Trenton and then switching to NJT.

www.boltbus.com

Old 11-07-2011, 02:54 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,952,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
Given that you are travelling on the holidays, I would just book tickets on Amtrak from Wilmington to NYC. You'll know when you're coming and going, you won't have to make any connections and you won't have to deal with any traffic.
I will admit knowing holiday traffic the best and most practical way is amtrak the bus will get raped with traffic unless you plan on sitting at the front of the bus with your smartphone GPS giving the bus driver detour routes around traffic the problem with that is you have to stay awake and walk him through it the whole way. Just take the amtrak and call it done. I know I did it once on bolt everybody thanked me for it but that **** requires patience and knowledge of the back roads. I am way more than just buses I also am very good with roads as well and trains. The best way is amtrak there is no other practical option. The septa combo is HORRIBLE 3 TRAINS SLOW TRAINS and they aren't last minute timed either save ur sanity and go amtrak.

Old 11-07-2011, 02:57 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,952,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
What part of Delaware? If you live in Northern Delaware then you can take Septa Wilmington line to 30th Street , then switch to the Septa Trenton line and then to the NJT Northeast Corridor line @ Trenton which takes you to NYP. It takes about 4hrs , mostly in NJ....with almost 2hrs....
you are a trainmaster cmon!!!!!!! you know better you know full well this is NOT PRACTICAL. I was expecting you to suggest amtrak clearly you weren't thinking on this one. you know full well no SANE person will do this

Old 11-08-2011, 11:58 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,853,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjbusmaster View Post
you are a trainmaster cmon!!!!!!! you know better you know full well this is NOT PRACTICAL. I was expecting you to suggest amtrak clearly you weren't thinking on this one. you know full well no SANE person will do this
Amtrak is expensive and sold out....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia