Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-17-2012, 08:53 PM

21 posts, read 53,406 times

Advertisements

I don't know anything about the town other than the house she sent me were nice, move in ready, and right in my budget. I'm going to call the district tomorrow but would love to get some info from anyone who is familiar with the community, schools, crime, etc.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2012, 11:14 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,501,308 times
Eastampton isn't a bad town. It's much like the rest of the "amptons" newish developments perched on reclaimed farmland and rather spread out. It's a bit isolated from major shopping areas as well, but there are basic amenities in the nearby area along Route 38 in Lumberton. The school system is not as well regarded as the ones in Cinnaminson, Mount Laurel and Marlton. It's not horrible, just solidly average. The feeder regional high school is Rancocas Valley, which is generally considered to be one of the lower tier regional schools in Burlington County. Again, not bad, just average.

Overall, you don't really hear much about Eastampton and since it has a population of maybe 6,000 spread over a large area, that's probably why. If I had to choose between Mount Laurel, Cinnaminson, Marlton and Eastampton...Eastampton would probably be last on my list.

Old 01-19-2012, 12:53 PM

7,780 posts, read 21,795,279 times
goat about summed it up well

Old 01-19-2012, 01:56 PM

21 posts, read 53,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
Eastampton isn't a bad town. It's much like the rest of the "amptons" newish developments perched on reclaimed farmland and rather spread out. It's a bit isolated from major shopping areas as well, but there are basic amenities in the nearby area along Route 38 in Lumberton. The school system is not as well regarded as the ones in Cinnaminson, Mount Laurel and Marlton. It's not horrible, just solidly average. The feeder regional high school is Rancocas Valley, which is generally considered to be one of the lower tier regional schools in Burlington County. Again, not bad, just average.

Overall, you don't really hear much about Eastampton and since it has a population of maybe 6,000 spread over a large area, that's probably why. If I had to choose between Mount Laurel, Cinnaminson, Marlton and Eastampton...Eastampton would probably be last on my list.
I asked her to keep sending us homes in the Mount Laurel/Evesham area. I wasn't to thrilled with the info on Rancocas HS.

Old 01-19-2012, 02:59 PM

23,809 posts, read 34,457,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maya78 View Post
I don't know anything about the town other than the house she sent me were nice, move in ready, and right in my budget. I'm going to call the district tomorrow but would love to get some info from anyone who is familiar with the community, schools, crime, etc.

Thanks
I knew someone who lived there who had 3 kids. Schools were fine until high school. That was a good number of years ago, but I'm not aware of a significant change.

Old 01-20-2012, 05:44 PM

34 posts, read 126,118 times
Rancocas Valley High has been performing well lately. About several years ago I remember the web site greatschools.org gave it a score of 4 out of 10. Now they're rated a 7. There are a lot of resources in that school and I hear many of their students went on to earn scholarships at colleges all over the country. At the moment I wouldn't be too nervous about living in that district.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:17 PM

3,223 posts, read 9,600,239 times
My cousins lived there and rent a house there. It is basicly one big neighborhood as well as some apartments and roadside houses. The neighborhood is unlike many in NJ because its nestled in a quiet area with some woods nearby and nice playing areas. There are a few farms in this area but not toward farmer culture dominates the town in any way. The elementary school is on the edge of the neighborhood itself, so many children can walk to it. It's on the border of mount holly which is a historic town with essential stores nearby. There is a nice place to walk called Smithville park and Eastampton is also within 10 miles of 2 walmarts as well as a mall and regal 20, etc for all its worth. There are some new townhomes built on Woodlane Rd. Nice bakery, good size baptist church, close to the mega military base, columbus flea market which is the greatest in the tri-state, and the burlington county library is a nice big library a few minutes away.. I grew up in this area and work in Mount Holly and honestly think its a safe bet. Crime isn't a problem. The highschools (rancocus valley or BCIT) has a few potheads and skaters but which town doesn't. It's a family type of area, not for yuppies or retirees.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia