Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2020, 07:08 AM

1 posts, read 1,394 times

Advertisements

These girls and gentlemen didn’t deserve to be abused, yes they do make you a soldier, and make you tough. Not this way, there’s a fine line between discipline and abuse. Sorry you had to experience all that. They will get their karma in the end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2020, 05:57 PM

1 posts, read 1,222 times
My Boot camp was in Dec. 89, no abuse that I can remember. The PT was to me too easy and we did not get to do the O course due to snow and weather. I was already doing 32 1 hand Push-up's before I enlisted and was running 5and 10k runs too, grass drills could not break me they were actually fun! Venumousll

Old 02-08-2021, 11:54 AM

1 posts, read 1,040 times
what company was you in basic training

Old 10-24-2021, 07:41 PM

1 posts, read 757 times
Default I was There, Then. I remember. (Reply almost 10 years later)

Hey Gen,
It has taken me years to begin to process and even question what happened Aug-Nov 1989 at Fort Dix...yes, I remember, much as I'd like not to.
I think it truly affected many of us the same, just push it down, soldier on, and get out of this he'll. But, did it ever really leave us? Or did it just fester?
E126

Old 02-07-2022, 03:15 PM

1 posts, read 673 times
Ft. Dix, summer 1989 Delta Dragons 2 26 I had Drill sgt. Danials as one of my Dsgt’s.
I was there when the M16 was stolen and the base was locked down, had to be interviewed about it.
Had a good time in basic, met some interesting characters. Learned what “be hooves” meant. Had a DS that would say “Yous” instead of “you”. There was a chaplain that said “your gonna wake up with cramps at 4am in 7 days” I didn’t believe him until it happened. I was able to over a hundred push-ups by the time I left there. I went back to high school and thought I was the strongest guy my senior year before AIT.

I have to say it was a great experience.

Old 09-03-2022, 04:57 PM

2 posts, read 1,037 times
I was there at D-1-26 under drills Cole and Coleman
I was physically assaulted by SSG N.Williams and SSG M.Pitt
I had a bronchospasm in the middle of the night
I fell out of my bunk and was gasping for air on the floor
My bunk mate went and got SSG Coleman who took me to the Walson Hospital
SSG Coleman saved my life that night
The hospital took ex rays
I had scarring in my lungs and streptococcal pneumonia then was diagnosed with C.O.P.D.
SSG N.Williams andSSG M.Pitt assaulted me one morning by hanging me up by my shirt collar pulled around my neck
Anyone who was their or a witness please post here

Old 09-03-2022, 04:59 PM

2 posts, read 1,037 times
Also I need to find the two soldiers who snuck off base with me at night to go to the wrightstown corner bar for beer
We walked thru the ripped fence at the BOMARC site
We got back at 0400 and went to formation at 04:30
The drills never knew we were gone that night

Old 09-05-2022, 11:02 AM

1 posts, read 510 times
and? now what to do?

Old 12-08-2023, 11:34 AM

1 posts, read 136 times
I was at Basic Training at Fort Dix, NJ in the summer of 1986 and then went to Fort Eustis, VA for my advanced training as a Cobra Helicopter mechanic.

I was in Company C, I too got very sick with sinus problems but never reported it until I got out of basic and advanced training. I had many issues during service with sinus infections, had surgery didn't correct problem. I have determined that my problems were due to Fort Dix and Fort Eustis, VA are both EPA Superfund sites that were closed in 1991 due to toxic water levels.

I have some tumors as well that may have been caused by this toxic exposure.

Does anyone else have any health issues or got sick during their training at Fort Dix,NJ or Fort Eustis, VA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia