U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 04-05-2012, 03:02 PM

78 posts, read 54,499 times
Question Hotel in WW

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
When you guys want to stay in WW, please let me know and I will give you a list of the better hotels to vacation in..

I am actually planning for a summer vacation there with my family and it will be our first time there as well. Any good suggestion for where to stay. Would prefer something with a ocean view or at least easy access to the beach. TIA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 04-05-2012, 03:54 PM

5,219 posts, read 3,238,916 times
There are way too many places to even list that fit your criteria. I would go to Travelocity and see what places were rated highly. Although they knocked a lot down for condos, there are still many of the specialty motels left. Irish people would stay at the Shamrock, there was a German one, etc. I always liked the one with the giant lollipops all over it, I wonder if its' still there! I like quirky things and retro so I would probably want to stay in one like that, lol. Also check the Wildwood websites, you might find a video tour of the hotels.

All those places are near the boardwalk in Wildwood, but if you want a quieter place still not far from everything, Wildwood Crest is very popular, too.

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 04-05-2012 at 04:13 PM..

Unread 04-05-2012, 05:22 PM

7,789 posts, read 8,525,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petenaff View Post
I am actually planning for a summer vacation there with my family and it will be our first time there as well. Any good suggestion for where to stay. Would prefer something with a ocean view or at least easy access to the beach. TIA.
Excellent! You will love it there.. Congrats!!

The hotel that is the closest to the ocean is the Aloha in North Wildwood. Its our home base motel that we vacation in every year. Its literally 100' from the motel to waters edge.. Super clean and a nice pool.. The crest has a really long beach that is very hard to cross in the summer heat while dragging all the stuff.
Good luck and hit me up for more info if you want. I can give you paces to eat too..

Here are some links..

Wildwood, Wildwood Crest, North Wildwood, The Wildwoods, NJ, New Jersey boardwalk, NJ Beach Vacation

Aloha Oceanfront Motel, North Wildwood, NJ

Unread 04-05-2012, 05:27 PM

All those places are near the boardwalk in Wildwood, but if you want a quieter place still not far from everything, Wildwood Crest is very popular, too.[/quote]

Not true... A good bit of the hotels are not near the boardwalk.

Unread 04-06-2012, 05:05 AM

I meant in the part of Wildwood where the boardwalk is, vs Wildwood Crest, etc.

Unread 04-15-2012, 09:25 PM

78 posts, read 54,499 times
Is Wildwood Crest the southern part of the beach and does the broad walk extend to Wildwood Crest too? TIA.

Unread 04-16-2012, 12:04 AM

1 posts, read 290 times
I am coming up on Tier IV in new jersey approx middle may..will I get 16 weeks

Unread 04-16-2012, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Is Wildwood Crest the southern part of the beach and does the broad walk extend to Wildwood Crest too? TIA.
No, the boardwalk is in Wildwood proper. Here's a map of the Wildwoods:
The Wildwoods, NJ

Unread 04-16-2012, 05:35 AM

Quote:
It stops at the boarder into the Crest.. The Crest is the Southern part of Wildwood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia