Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2012, 03:15 PM

50,090 posts, read 35,727,051 times

Advertisements

Isn't Lambertville near that area too? Isn't that supposed to be a "cool" town, lol? I don't know how close it is to Philly, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2012, 04:57 PM

681 posts, read 1,505,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by avg12 View Post
I think the OP really means Central NJ, as New Brunswick is sometimes considered that.

My suggestion would be Burlington, NJ or Bordentown, NJ. Not really "cool" but somewhat midway. Hamilton and Lawrenceville are other choices.
The OP also suggested a closeness to Philly. Neither of these places lend proximity to Philly but the Haddons and Collingswood do as well as a quick jump onto 295 for work needs in N. Jersey. Just my 2 cents!

Old 04-25-2012, 02:58 PM

9,965 posts, read 6,572,101 times
OP I think you are screwed. There are no cool places between New Brunswick and Philly where things are happening. For the most part central/south jersey is dead for people in there 20's. Would it make sense to move to North Jersey and commute to Philly 3x a week?

Old 04-29-2012, 09:58 PM

13 posts, read 51,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
OP I think you are screwed. There are no cool places between New Brunswick and Philly where things are happening. For the most part central/south jersey is dead for people in there 20's. Would it make sense to move to North Jersey and commute to Philly 3x a week?
how horrible do you think it would be to commute from new brunswick to philly for a year?

Old 04-30-2012, 08:01 AM

364 posts, read 1,187,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
Haddon Township was one area that sprung to mind. They have a small downtown, but it has some nice bars and little restaurants and is very convenient to the plethora of nice BYOB restaurants in Collingswood and Haddonfield and is convenient to all the main shopping areas of Cherry Hill. It also has a PATCO stop, so you would have direct train service to Philly. The commute to New Brunswick from there would basically be taking 295 the whole way and would probably run about an hour one way.
I didn't read all the responses, but this sounds like a good idea to me, since you won't be going to New Brunswick all that often.

Old 04-30-2012, 03:55 PM

1,787 posts, read 5,725,593 times
How about Hightstown or East Windsor (both 08520)? Hightstown has a walkable small town with places to eat, banks, deli, post office, shops, etc. It's close enough to drive to the other towns that are mentioned, when you need more excitement.
~18 miles to New Brunswick
~45 miles to Philly

Old 05-04-2012, 01:10 PM

681 posts, read 1,505,319 times
Just be aware you are at the mercey of the NJ Turnpike...when it's good, it's great; when it's bad...and it is often...it's horrible.

Old 05-08-2012, 06:40 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,933,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcsuper View Post
what are some decent philly suburbs in NJ for someone in their late twenties? I don't need a lot of nightlife, but a good mix of non-chain restaurants and bars and maybe a little downtown area would be nice. I also want somewhere that would be a convenient commute to new brunswick, as I'll be working there 1-2 days per week (and philly the rest).
try the trenton line of septa to reach new brunswick OR towns near riverline which means no car needed to new brunswick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia