Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-06-2012, 03:04 PM

50,702 posts, read 36,402,571 times

Advertisements

I want to rent a moon bounce for my twin nephews' birthday party in June, they are going to be 3. Does anyone have experience with any local companies? The party will be in Williamstown. Has anyone rented them and had any problems, kids getting hurt, hidden charges, etc? The kids at the party will range from 3 up to one 14 year old.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 11:54 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,665,285 times
Friends of my wife that live in Mantua have rented from these guys before for parties:

sjpartytent.com - Tent and inflatable rentals for parties in South Jersey, bounce house rentals and water slides for parties in South Jersey

The only thing I would say is that depending on what kind of rental you are looking for, you may just be better off buying one. We looked at renting one of the regular sized bounce houses before and for not much more money then the rental we were able to buy one on sale from Target. Our's holds up to 300 pounds and we have used it a ton and it's still holding up well. I think the total cost was around $250 and we picked it up in the store. Home delivery would have added another $50 or so. They fold up to be no larger then an average sized duffel bag when they're not in use, so don't worry about storage.

If you are going for something a lot bigger then a regular bounce house or themed to match the party, the rental may be worth it.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:47 PM

Wow, I had no idea! How did you blow it up, do you just plug it in? Was it the same size as the rentals?

Old 05-08-2012, 10:29 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,665,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Wow, I had no idea! How did you blow it up, do you just plug it in? Was it the same size as the rentals?
It comes with an electric blower. You plug that in to a socket and then connect it to a fabric tube on the bounce house and it inflates itself in about a minute. You need to leave it plugged in and running, so that can get a little annoying do to the noise, but no worse then one of the commercial ones. When you shut off the blower and disconnect the tube, the whole thing deflates and you just roll it up and put it in the duffel bag it comes with.

This is the one we have (ours was from Target, but this is a WalMart link) and as you can see from the reviews it is really popular, especially for the age range...

Little Tikes Shady Jump 'n Slide Bounce House - Walmart.com

My kids are 2, 3 and 7 and combined weigh around 125 and all three can bounce in there all day long. We've also had a couple of my sons friends in there with him and they probably weighed around 200 combined with no issues. They recommend limiting it to 3, but as long as you don't exceed the weight limit by too much, you should be fine with more, we've had 5 in it before and that was a little too crowded to really bounce.

As for the size comparison, the rental ones are bigger, but not by too much. If you get one of the ones they have at fairs and things, you'll be spending $500+ to rent it. The ones that rent for around $250 or so are generally 10x10 compared to these ones at 7x7-8x8 or so. So, the rental can maybe hold a couple extra kids, but is that really worth it for one afternoon versus having a bounce house whenever you want it?

I wish I had a picture to post, but last year during one of the big snow storms, the kids were going crazy so my wife pushed all the furniture in our living room to one end and setup the bounce house in the other. The kids had a blast, lol.

Old 05-08-2012, 02:52 PM

1,624 posts, read 4,052,691 times
I would buy one. Even if it is smaller. We rented from Karcher for a block party and had them take it back and give us a refund. The thing was SO dirty and you could see the dark mold spots on the yellow and red fabric. It was disgusting

Old 05-09-2012, 09:09 AM

Eeewww, that's gross!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia