U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2012, 11:15 AM

402 posts, read 663,397 times

Advertisements

Thinking of renting out my current home and buying in either collingswood or haddon township. Will both these towns experience home appreciation in the next 5 to 10 years?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2012, 04:54 PM

128 posts, read 319,872 times
As hard as it is to predict the future, both towns are desireable, particularly for young families. Obviously very convenient to shopping, transportation and entertainment. So my guess would be either one is a safe bet.

Old 07-14-2012, 05:03 PM

1,618 posts, read 3,504,677 times
My only concern with Collingswood is the Lumberyard townhouse debacle. I wonder if that will make a difference.

Old 07-15-2012, 08:40 PM

28 posts, read 78,313 times
We faced this choice two years ago and ultimately chose Haddon Twp. Basically because we fell in love with a house, and the rep of the schools being slightly better. We are pleased with our decision. The location we chose is right on the border of the two towns and a block off Haddon Ave. We get to utilize the best of both towns!

Old 07-15-2012, 11:29 PM

7,530 posts, read 10,633,790 times
Both are great towns. That said, I would imagine Haddon Township would be the (slightly) safer play, given that it's more family-oriented and has a better school district. Collingswood's more transient nature, especially with its more hip, somewhat younger "scene," would give it greater potential for either a rapid upswing or decline. I doubt either will happen, but if you're into playing percentages down to the T, I suppose Haddon Township would be the more risk-averse choice.

Old 07-16-2012, 09:37 AM

283 posts, read 547,324 times
I live in Collingswood right on the Haddon Township border. I think both towns will remain desirable, especially if gas prices stay high. There are few towns that have walkability and PATCO access in South Jersey. The safest play is Haddonfield, but it's also the most expensive. I agree with Haddon Township recommendations if K-12 schools are your prime concern. However, if they're not and you find a place in Collingswood, you should definitely check it out. The home prices are less, and the town will recover from the Lumberyard liabilities in the next few years.

Old 07-16-2012, 01:57 PM

402 posts, read 663,397 times
Thanks everyone. I have 3 boys ages 12,9,and 6. It seems haddon would be better for the kids. I drove by and seen the sign for a new town center. Are they close to start construction soon or is there some litigation slowing down the process.

Old 07-16-2012, 02:49 PM

1,340 posts, read 3,447,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey08057 View Post
Thanks everyone. I have 3 boys ages 12,9,and 6. It seems haddon would be better for the kids. I drove by and seen the sign for a new town center. Are they close to start construction soon or is there some litigation slowing down the process.
I would love to know myself. But based off the last 5+ years of seeing that sign, it is not going to be built anytime soon!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia