Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 02:32 PM

23,809 posts, read 34,645,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardwhirlboromarlpool1955 View Post
Southbound 295, is it possible that the current Dollar Tree in Westmont is the former SoFro Fabrics/original Jo-Ann in Westmont?
So-Fro was to the left of the Clover that became the supermarket, when you face the shopping center. So-Fro became JoAnn's Fabrics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2013, 08:34 PM

421 posts, read 833,913 times
Thanks... perhaps then the Dollar Tree was a Rite Aid that was replaced by the one across the street? Or maybe an Eckerd that closed when the Rite Aid opened?

Old 04-27-2013, 11:19 AM

Why did half of the ex-Home Depot in Cherry Hill have to end up as a Burlington? I was hoping for a Sam's Club, if not a BJ's. And the half of that building which is still empty has been empty an awfully long time now. Unfortunately I get the feeling it might end up as a Goodwill store, to replace the one with an awful parking lot on Route 70 in Pennsauken on the edge of Camden. Ironically, the former Acme in Swarthmore PA ended up as a Goodwill, but the identical Acme in Pennsauken closed and has sat empty for a very long time.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:32 PM

756 posts, read 2,116,745 times
Quote:
Why did half of the ex-Home Depot in Cherry Hill have to end up as a Burlington?
Because Burlington wanted to be in Cherry Hill (west) and this space was available.

I don't think Sam's Club would be great here. This side of town is close to 130, and there is a Sam's Club up in Delran on 130. Sam's would probably do better in the east side of town. BJ's has a site in Maple Shade which is Cherry Hill west serving.

About the only other plaza with a number of spaces available is in the Plaza at Cherry Hill, the plaza to the side of the CH Mall. There is two adjacent spots in the back, one which used to be Today's Man. They have been vacant for a number of years now, and perhaps it's too far tucked in the back and the plaza itself is so crappy that new tenants aren't interested in going there. That plaza is very underutilized and weak, yet having a great location near the mall. While there are active leases, some with decent tenants like Raymour&Flanigan, that plaza should get better owners and some major redesign and leasing strategy. Bottom Dollar there was a poor choice.

Old 05-11-2013, 02:42 PM

I have some more retail ideas for Marlton and eastern Cherry Hill:

1. The Sears Hardware (former Acme) by the ex-Clover/Oskar Huber in Cherry Hill on Route 70 should have become a relocated Jo-Ann Fabrics, from Route 73 in Marlton, instead of a Planet Fitness. Instead, the A&P/Super Fresh in Marlton could have become a Planet Fitness. The old Kmart/Sears Essentials there should have been divided between a Goodwill store and a DMV/driver's license center. Stein Mart and Big Lots ought to split the empty Genuardi's in Marlton in half. Also, the old Eckerd/Rite Aid by Whole Foods at Greentree should have become a replacement for the Canal's liquor store across from Sunoco and Bonefish on 73, behind Kohl's and ShopRite. Also, the current Jo-Ann Fabrics on 73 ought to become a replacement for the Canal's liquor store at the old Marlton Circle. And if the Annie Sez in the Genuardi's center ever closes, I could see a replacement for The Spirit Shop by the Ace Hardware in Cherry Hill on 70 (in front of the old Clover) opening there.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:41 AM

756 posts, read 2,116,745 times
Quote:
I have some more retail ideas for Marlton and eastern Cherry Hill:

1. The Sears Hardware (former Acme) by the ex-Clover/Oskar Huber in Cherry Hill on Route 70 should have become a relocated Jo-Ann Fabrics, from Route 73 in Marlton, instead of a Planet Fitness. Instead, the A&P/Super Fresh in Marlton could have become a Planet Fitness. The old Kmart/Sears Essentials there should have been divided between a Goodwill store and a DMV/driver's license center. Stein Mart and Big Lots ought to split the empty Genuardi's in Marlton in half. Also, the old Eckerd/Rite Aid by Whole Foods at Greentree should have become a replacement for the Canal's liquor store across from Sunoco and Bonefish on 73, behind Kohl's and ShopRite. Also, the current Jo-Ann Fabrics on 73 ought to become a replacement for the Canal's liquor store at the old Marlton Circle. And if the Annie Sez in the Genuardi's center ever closes, I could see a replacement for The Spirit Shop by the Ace Hardware in Cherry Hill on 70 (in front of the old Clover) opening there.
Dont think about the past, that is x store should have moved here instead of y store. You'll only set your hopes up for something that's likely impossible to change.

Last edited by avg12; 05-12-2013 at 06:56 AM..

Old 05-13-2013, 10:38 PM

On a different topic... did the Jo-Ann in Westmont close already? It appears to have disappeared from their store locator, yet the new Cherry Hill store is listed as "coming soon". Very strange, because Jo-Ann (as with most other retail companies) usually makes a smooth transition between phasing out an old store and phasing in a new store. So in other words usually the old one closes at closing time one night and the new one opens the next day.

Old 08-04-2014, 08:53 AM

1 posts, read 1,244 times
We need an upscale food market in Gloucester County. Would love to see Wegmans, Whole Foods or Trader Dons somewhere near Deptford Mall. Gloucester County population is becoming more urban & I think would patronize one of these stores. I know I would.

Old 08-25-2015, 05:55 AM

1 posts, read 788 times
I live in a 55+ community in Deptford with 300+ residents who come from affluent communities and I know they would love to see a Wegman's nearby the Deptford Mall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia