Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 03:51 PM

8,700 posts, read 14,649,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
The local awesome farm is 2 blocks away and they have the best corn and tomatoes we have ever tasted
Everything in South Jersey is the "best" according to you.... why am I not surprised by this comment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2013, 04:48 PM

9,322 posts, read 12,953,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summersm343 View Post
Everything in South Jersey is the "best" according to you.... why am I not surprised by this comment
Jersey tomatoes and sweet corn (among other produce) are pretty phenomenal.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:24 PM

32,846 posts, read 36,153,303 times
Yes they are. The cranberries and blueberries are also very good.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:20 PM

14,780 posts, read 43,582,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by avg12 View Post
Anyways, the South Jersey edition of the Inquirer had a travel section awhile ago which gave directions to Seaside. The directions provided were to take AC Expressway (a must) then go north on Garden State Parkway for 50-60 miles to reach Seaside Heights, making it like one is going as far as Cape May but instead of south, one goes north.

It's a lot easier taking 70 for Camden/Burlington counties of the area, but such directions will never get published. It's fine though, as it reduces traffic on 70.
My guess is that they used google maps for the directions (most do now). Depending on when you run the numbers (since it is based on current traffic conditions), ACE to GSP may actually be faster then taking 70. I just ran it right now and from CC Philly to Seaside Heights, 70 is estimated to take 1 hour and 36 minutes. ACE to GSP is 1 hour and 48 minutes even though you are driving an extra 30+ miles.

If I was giving someone directions, I would never tell them to take the ACE to GSP, but it might be very true that sometimes that may actually be a faster route. Especially when you consider that just going along 70 from the bridge to the 73 interchange can take nearly an hour on a regular Saturday afternoon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia