U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2013, 10:00 AM

22 posts, read 35,141 times

Advertisements

I live in Cherry Hill and stick mostly to the area and Burlington county (around Marlton, Mount Laurel, etc). I left Sprint 4 years ago when I had lots of data issues on a Blackberry. I went to Verizon 4 years ago and now my iphone is dying, and my grandfathered unlimited data plan is in jeopardy if I get a new phone. They offered me a retention plan but I would still have to mind my minutes and pay off a phone.

ATT is not going to be financial feasible. Sprint and TMolbile are both offering affordable plans but I have concerns about both of their networks in my area (I live near the mall). I want to take advantage of the 4G or LTE and I am looking to get a new iphone or droid of some sort.

Please share your customer service and data/voice experience with these two within the last few years regarding 4G or LTE. I know both are a network under construction.

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2013, 11:02 AM

14,781 posts, read 36,039,016 times
I personally have Verizon currently and have had Sprint in the past. I also used to have TMobile for a company cell from a previous employer and my current employer uses ATT. One of my partners in work has Sprint for his personal phone. So, that is what I am basing my opinions on...

In the area, the best network is Verizon. A close second is ATT. If good connectivity and service are your top priorities pick whichever one of those gives you the best deal.

Sprint is in third place and their network is a little spottier than the other two. Their 4G LTE is also not as fast as the other two. My partner in work and I, have tested the phones out and I consistently get about double the data speed on Verizon that he does on Sprint. The big draw to Sprint though is of course their "unlimited everything". If you are a heavy user than that will easily be the cheapest plan. I only have a 2Gb data plan that I share with my wife and we barely use a little over half of that which makes Verizon a better and cheaper choice for us.

TMobile is one I just wouldn't recommend. Their network is the worst in the area and their data speeds are the slowest. We had constant reception problems with TMobile phones from my old employer and random dead spots all over the area. I would personally go with something like Virgin Mobile on Sprints network before I opted for TMobile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia