Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 09:14 AM

756 posts, read 2,111,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruthajus1 View Post
maybe Kohl's or a 2nd LA Fitness location.
On gyms, Anytime Fitness opened in Berlin NJ in the Berlin Shopping Center (ShopRite, Home Depot, Staples, Modells). I'm not sure when it opened, but I recently saw it there.

SNAP Fitness also could be possible. These are franchise gyms. But, I think gyms prefer being near some residential area. It's not like Maple Shade and certain residential areas of Mt.Laurel are that far though.

Last edited by avg12; 03-08-2014 at 09:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 10:40 PM

516 posts, read 1,612,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruthajus1 View Post
I agree Centerton Square took some thunder away from East Gate Square as far as tenancy. I think that's even more reason for East Gate to redevelop at least a portion of the area to gain more interest. Phase 1, being the original and first development of East Gate should enhance the area and be the main "draw." The stronger the tenant put there, the better the chance it has of staying.

I think the missing piece of East Gate is a larger department store. It's one of the few plazas that doesn't even have that premier big box tenant. Kohl's would be better on Centerton Road, but I question the 60,000sF footprint and parking at that former Acme location. I believe Kohl's prefers at least 70,000sF minimum in a building.

As for the liquor license, I thought East Gate Square was awarded 2 and the other 4 licenses were allocated to Moorestown Mall. I am aware of Buffalo Wild Wings coming, but I'm unsure if there is one more liquor license available for East Gate. Either way, Shoprite has to adhere to the competition and enhance their image beyond the traditional grocery store concept. Cinnaminson is thriving well from the newer store and is even steering traffic away from the not so old Delran store too.

The proposed fitness center in the Route 73 Walmart development is under litigation for whatever reason. I noticed in previous articles it was a "Leisure Fitness", at around 100,000sF. It's even bigger than the proposed Walmart that's in the pipeline.
Where is the location of the rte 73 walmart development?

Old 03-27-2014, 08:14 AM

The Rte 73 Wal-mart will be in the vacant area near the Red Roof Inn and Bob Evans.

Old 04-01-2014, 07:12 PM

1,953 posts, read 3,859,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by avg12 View Post
That was the poor hindsight for not having it be planned to be connected to Moorestown Mall by sidewalk. I know it's straddles two townships that likely won't coordinate together, so a master plan of that likely wasn't there.
This is exactly what needs to change in NJ's governance structure. We need a more regionalized tax base and regional planning. Mt. Laurel and Moorestown shouldn't be competing, the two towns should be working together.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:56 AM

If Ross moves to Loehmann's location, and the vacant retail fronts from Cuttler's Mill to Work N Gear,AC Moore is demolished: the other possible option could be a new office complex.

What might be better is if the East Gate Square owner could persuade Staples to move to the Loehmann's site, and then Ross to Staples site. This would create a more apparel focused plaza with Old Navy, Avenue, Rally House and Ross all together, where more apparel stores could feel comfortable to open in the future (as some of the smaller spaces are vacant there). Getting GAP that left Moorestown Mall maybe possible as Old Navy could be right there with it. But getting two tenants to move is more involved, than just getting Ross to Loehmann's site.

As far as office space in the weak side where Ross is located: there is likely ample office space (and vacancy) in Moorestown/Mt.Laurel already, but I don't know for sure, and if what's available is quality space.

Voorhees Town Center (Echelon Mall) had office space added. Originally the Voorhees site plan called for a grocery tenant over by the foodcourt parking lot, there as ShopRite was likely anticipated. However, ShopRite acquired the SuperG/Stop&Shop on Evesham Rd so it didn't need a Echelon presence. So PREIT built an office building instead in that general area.

Retail is likely easiest, but I can't think of why any solid A tenant would want to go into the Phase I side next to Ross. There is better retail space (that is vacant) in Marlton currently, fronting major highways, and Burlington Center redevelopment will likely draw new traffic as well.

Last edited by avg12; 04-02-2014 at 09:34 AM..

Old 04-23-2014, 06:38 PM

I passed by East Gate today and the Friendly's has been demolished...making way for Buffalo Wild Wings.

Corner Bakery Cafe is being built in the Potbelly former pad in the Mall as well. Coincidentally, both of those chains are very present in Chicago.

Regarding Kohl's and Moorestown, another possibility (although slim) but maybe possible is buying out the lease of the Mealey's Furniture site. I think it's a decent site for Kohl's near the mall, and being that it's a national chain, it can negotiate a deal with the small regional furniture chain, kind of like Walgreens which bought out a diner site in Cherry Hill. Location is key. Maybe Mealey's moves to Oskar Huber's former site in Cherry Hill with some cash from the deal.

The Kohl's of Marlton isn't too far, however- Just a quick ride down 295 to Exit 34. But I thought Kohl's opening in Voorhees was so close to Marlton, and Kohl's did it, so maybe it'd open in Moorestown/Mt.Laurel one day.

Old 06-01-2014, 10:01 PM

I saw that Noodles & Company is opening up at East Gate Square, in the Phase II area, somewhere I think next to or near Five Guys. It's big in Maryland, with 26 locations, and it added a couple of locations in Central NJ recently, with two new planned for NJ, one in Moorestown-East Gate Sq., according to it's website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia