Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 01:09 PM

819 posts, read 3,207,912 times

Advertisements

Can anybody suggest a dog park in the Brooklawn or Woodbury area? I don't want to travel too far since my dog hates being in the car.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2014, 08:46 PM

26 posts, read 70,714 times
It's about a 15 minute car ride up 130, but Cooper River Park has a lovely dog park for big and small dogs, in Cherry Hill. My aunt takes her dogs there, all the time.

Reviews:

Pooch Park - Cherry Hill, NJ | Yelp

Location and more description:

Cooper River Dog Park (Pooch Park) | Dog Goes

I'm not sure if you've been to Cooper River, but besides the dog park, it's a great place to walk your dogs or to just walk yourself (or bike!)

Take a look:

http://www.camdencounty.com/parks/parks/cooper-river

Another dog park I'm familiar with is located at Connolly Park, in Voorhees (again, for big and small dogs) - but that may be a little far for you.

Old 03-21-2014, 07:16 AM

6,319 posts, read 10,342,588 times
Timber Creek Park could work.

Timber Creek | Camden County, NJ

Old 03-22-2014, 01:55 PM

3 posts, read 4,571 times
Lakeview Ave and Center Dr in Runnemede and Timber Dr in Barrington....all closer to Brooklawn than Woodbury. there is one on Chews Landing in Gloucester Twp tho too

Old 03-23-2014, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal-optomist View Post
there is one on Chews Landing in Gloucester Twp tho too
That's Timber Creek park.

Old 03-23-2014, 08:44 AM

592 posts, read 1,478,450 times
In Bellmawr, lake drive has a dog park. A converted kids playground.
Best way to find... Turn at Dominic's Tavern and follow a block down to the bend.

I've never been there so I don't know whats' there.

Old 03-24-2014, 07:14 AM

155 posts, read 372,037 times
My experiences with dog parks in the area.

Cooper River: I've only been there a time or two and it has been a while, but when we would go there, it seemed to have an abundance of un-neutered pit bulls running around which I was uncomfortable with since I had a young female lab. I was even approached about breeding.

Connolly Park is closest to me, but I like it the least. It's the people more than the dogs. They go there sit at a picnic table and pay no attention to their dogs. Mine was actually bitten at this park with no reaction from the owner whatsoever and she had to get stitches in her ear.

Timber Creek: I really like this place but haven't gone in a while. The last time we were there, someone was walking around with his toddlers and a stroller inside the unleashed dog park. My pup ran by the little girl and must have bumped her or something and she starts saying "he bit me." Absolutely wouldn't happen. I kind of freaked and told the dad he shouldn't have those kids walking around like that in a dog park and we took off. It really upset my wife, so she isn't a fan of going back. The last thing in the world you need is some little girl telling people your dog bit her. Take your kids to the freakin' playground.

I tend to like Freedom Park in Medford the best even though it's a little bit of a pain to get to. It's huge, so if you have problems or something with another dog, it is easy to find your own space.

Old 03-24-2014, 04:12 PM

That's pretty strange. The off leash area isn't very big so I don't know why people would go in there without a dog when the rest of the park is exponentially bigger...I guess they were afraid their kids would run away or something. I have noticed a fair amount of people leaving their dogs off the leash in the other areas but never had any issues.

Old 03-25-2014, 07:29 AM

155 posts, read 372,037 times
Yeah, I don't know if he had a dog as well somewhere, but I just can't believe you would let your kids wonder around in a setting like that.

Especially since there is a sign saying No Children. You know how everyone follows the rules.

Old 03-26-2014, 12:38 PM

819 posts, read 3,207,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldog15 View Post
Connolly Park is closest to me, but I like it the least. It's the people more than the dogs. They go there sit at a picnic table and pay no attention to their dogs. Mine was actually bitten at this park with no reaction from the owner whatsoever and she had to get stitches in her ear.

This is what I'm worried about. Arwen is so hyper and friendly, I worry that another dog will get pissed and bite her or something
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia