Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2014, 08:09 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,938,752 times

Advertisements

Every year in the early autumn I love driving around the more rural parts of South Jersey to pick up fresh fruits and vegetables. Last year I was driving a friend that lives in Philly who doesn't have a car and has never been to one, but the trip was a bust. I lost my knack for finding the good roadside farm stands; we were driving around Vineland and only found a couple of mediocre ones.

Any recommendations?

I'm looking for places that sell real locally harvested South Jersey produce; a good selection and reasonable prices are important.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2014, 10:19 PM

32,927 posts, read 36,335,488 times
It may not be quite what you're looking for, but Russo's farm store in Tabernacle usually has a good selection of produce. Conte farm is next door so you'll have two places to visit.

Russo's Fruit & Vegetable Farm Online
http://contefarms.synthasite.com/

Busy Bee Farm is around the corner on Carranza Road. I've never been there, so I don't know if they sell from that location.

Busy Bee Farm

Stop in Nixon's general store or have a cold one at the Village Pub. It's an interesting little place.

Have you ever been to the Carranza Memorial. If you've driven that far, it's worth a stop.

How To Find The Carranza Memorial

Batona campground is across the road. There's a water pump. You need a picture of your friend pumping water.

Old 09-10-2014, 03:55 PM

50,748 posts, read 36,447,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Every year in the early autumn I love driving around the more rural parts of South Jersey to pick up fresh fruits and vegetables. Last year I was driving a friend that lives in Philly who doesn't have a car and has never been to one, but the trip was a bust. I lost my knack for finding the good roadside farm stands; we were driving around Vineland and only found a couple of mediocre ones.

Any recommendations?

I'm looking for places that sell real locally harvested South Jersey produce; a good selection and reasonable prices are important.
The Black Horse Pike and White Horse Pike, coming from Williamstown area to the shore or Hammonton area (WHP) have many stands. Vineland doesn't have the farms that Hammonton and points south do anymore.

Old 09-12-2014, 09:58 AM

32,927 posts, read 36,335,488 times
I just remembered Stella Farms in Berlin.

Old 09-14-2014, 04:36 PM

18 posts, read 31,059 times
Plenty of markets along Rt. 322 between Commodore Barry Bridge and Mullica Hill. Duffield's in Washington Twp is good too. A new stand just opened along Rt. 45, just north of Harrison Twp, plus there's Grasso Girls along Wolfert Station Rd., just off Rt. 45 in Harrison Twp.

Old 09-15-2014, 12:54 PM

186 posts, read 427,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I just remembered Stella Farms in Berlin.
Definitely Stellas

and Rt 30 south, into Hammonton
also try Rt 73 south between Berlin and Hammonton there are several.

Honestly, aside from those major roads, it helps to just drive the county roads in Atlantic, Cumberland and even Gloucester County...there are plenty.

Old 09-24-2014, 09:18 AM

34 posts, read 64,216 times
Stella Farm love the corn and watermelon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia