Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 04:48 AM

3 posts, read 34,898 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Cherry Hill, New Jersey. Can anyone please tell me about the area and the Schools.
My 2 boys will probably be going to Thomas Paine Elementary and my daughter will be going to Cherry Hill West High School.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2008, 09:02 AM

32 posts, read 192,075 times
I can't tell you about each individual school, but the Cherry Hill School District is the highest or one of the highest in Camden County.

Old 01-13-2008, 09:17 AM

691 posts, read 3,048,928 times
Cherry Hill East HS is better than West, but West is still very good. I think your kids will be fine either way. Which neighborhood in CH are you planning to move to?

Old 01-22-2008, 05:16 PM

5 posts, read 23,399 times
The Cherry hill School District is one of the top in NJ if not the at the top. both east and west schools are exceptional.

Old 01-22-2008, 09:12 PM

43 posts, read 189,488 times
I hear Cherry Hill East is a lot better

Old 01-23-2008, 07:50 AM

267 posts, read 947,777 times
I live in Cherry Hill and can tell you that East is definitely a little better than West (and slightly larger), but West still smokes a lot of other high schools in the area. East won the Blue Ribbon years ago.. It doesn't matter where you live though, you'll PAY for these schools!! CH is a HUGE district.

Old 01-27-2008, 07:54 AM

3 posts, read 34,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzBoy View Post
Cherry Hill East HS is better than West, but West is still very good. I think your kids will be fine either way. Which neighborhood in CH are you planning to move to?
Is there a difference between c.h.east & c.h. west?
My house is just off church rd and rt 41

Old 03-19-2009, 02:47 PM

5 posts, read 26,676 times
I just moved to Cherry Hill, only a few blocks from Cherry Hill West HS, it sems like a nice school. My children are not of high school age yet, they will be going to Thomas Paine in the fall once they transfer. My neighbor (also a friend) her daughter goes to the high school and speaks highly of it.. high school is what you make it! From what I hear Paine is one of the best elementary schools, so I am looking forward to that, although I am definately in a pickle now that I realize they only have 1/2 day kindergarten... If you have any advice for me on that issue it would be appreciated!

Old 03-19-2009, 03:37 PM

250 posts, read 902,448 times
Is it true that now students on the west side can now attend CH East, and vice-versa?

Old 03-19-2009, 03:43 PM

1,369 posts, read 4,625,884 times
Look,
I live right near CH West and let me tell you. The standards are rapidly on the upswing on West. It is still a top school.

CH East is the richer of the two areas and I think a lot of people think if their kid goes to CH East, they can say that over a cocktail reception, capiche?

I live right off of Cooper Landing Road and Chapel so all the kids in my neighborhood go to West. They are NICE kids.

Cheers!

Shanny
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia