U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 11:32 AM

1,608 posts, read 2,233,763 times

Advertisements

^ I llive in Vineland. Most people do not send their kids to private school, but there are a significant amount that do (I myself went to Catholic school for 12 years and at one time we had 3 catholic elementary schools, now we have only 2) The schools aren't bad, and most of Vineland is a decent place to live. The only place to avoid is the Center City area. East Vineland is very posh, and at times I think it can be a little bit snobbish. The only problems with Vineland, are that people will either assume it's all ghettoish like center city, or all farmland like the rest of Vineland and that there's a vocal group of people against doing anything to improve our town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 11:38 AM

680 posts, read 1,901,817 times
Just an FYI guys, the OP originally posted this 3.5 years ago...

Old 04-29-2010, 02:14 PM
Status: "The Union forever! Down with the traitors." (set 21 days ago)

13,675 posts, read 17,571,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jknic View Post
^ I llive in Vineland. Most people do not send their kids to private school, but there are a significant amount that do (I myself went to Catholic school for 12 years and at one time we had 3 catholic elementary schools, now we have only 2) The schools aren't bad, and most of Vineland is a decent place to live. The only place to avoid is the Center City area. East Vineland is very posh, and at times I think it can be a little bit snobbish. The only problems with Vineland, are that people will either assume it's all ghettoish like center city, or all farmland like the rest of Vineland and that there's a vocal group of people against doing anything to improve our town.
I used to work at a certain large trucking congomerate with blue trucks that is based in Vineland. You are very correct that it is pretty decent to even nice once you get out of the downtown area. I should mention that my private school information came mostly from co-workers that lived in Vineland. It seemed to me that everyone who worked there that actually lived in Vineland lived in East Vineland and the kids universally went to private school. It also seemed that most people in East Vineland also had a pretty poor opinion of the rest of the town.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:38 AM

6,859 posts, read 4,942,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzBoy View Post
Thanks, I didn't notice that!

Old 04-30-2010, 09:43 AM

3,534 posts, read 3,452,952 times
I don't know how people can live in Paulsboro. I had a track meet there and I thought I was going to cough up a lung during the race. I guess the people that live there are used to it. Talk about a home field advantage...

Old 04-30-2010, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
I don't know how people can live in Paulsboro. I had a track meet there and I thought I was going to cough up a lung during the race. I guess the people that live there are used to it. Talk about a home field advantage...
Word...I played football against Paulsboro and there was nothing like standing on the field staring at the glow of the refinery and the belching smoke. A kid on the team with asthma which never bothered him was sidelined by halftime.

Old 04-30-2010, 09:19 PM

7,900 posts, read 8,389,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzBoy View Post
Pajama Mama just responded to a number of old posts, most around 4 years old.

Old 05-01-2010, 01:44 AM

1,608 posts, read 2,233,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJGOAT View Post
I used to work at a certain large trucking congomerate with blue trucks that is based in Vineland. You are very correct that it is pretty decent to even nice once you get out of the downtown area. I should mention that my private school information came mostly from co-workers that lived in Vineland. It seemed to me that everyone who worked there that actually lived in Vineland lived in East Vineland and the kids universally went to private school. It also seemed that most people in East Vineland also had a pretty poor opinion of the rest of the town.
I think I know, I'm going to assume the building is on the corner and currently has a piece of weird looking modern art in-front. I'm not surprised those people said that, East Vineland people tend to be that way. The only problem with the schools is that you might get into a fight/beaten up etc. overall, they're fine and I wouldn't worry.

Old 05-03-2010, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jknic View Post
I think I know, I'm going to assume the building is on the corner and currently has a piece of weird looking modern art in-front. I'm not surprised those people said that, East Vineland people tend to be that way. The only problem with the schools is that you might get into a fight/beaten up etc. overall, they're fine and I wouldn't worry.
When it comes to weird looking modern art, you have no idea. The owner's wife has quite the fetish.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:16 PM

1 posts, read 537 times
Default paulsboro

some time ago i wrote the paulsboro theme song check out www.paulsboromusicvideo.com, one of the original lines of the song was let a town without sin cast the first stone, i was hounded over this because it was to negative, so i changed it to well it's our pride that we can't hide where? inPaulsboro.
point: something you don't like about Paulsboro, go to the boro meetings, that's your right, bring your complaint before the governing body, and be persistent about it. you want change, not going to get the change by tearing the town down on the internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia