Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 08:43 PM

55 posts, read 139,190 times

Advertisements

In my escape from the BIG APPLE, I researched Cadmen NJ. The search shows the area being surrounded by toxic dump sites. Basically so is Jersey. I remember a few years ago Cadmen was front story on a Sunday Times edition. The article tells of the crime and despair, but it would soon become the Westchester of NJ. It is interesting how Cherry Hill is right there, but then there that mess in Cadmen. It will change when 'they' are ready.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 12:44 AM

10 posts, read 39,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavensangel View Post
People are always scared of the unknown! Being born and raised in Moorestown, NJ...ranked one of the most desireable places to live in South Jersey...me and my sis always hung out in Camden when we wanted to find some action (1985-2005). Over the past 20 years we have watched Camden change from year to year. Yes, just like any city, there was gun violence, drug use, alcoholism, prostiution, drug dealers, gun shots and more. But, it was mostly in the "hood" parts of Camden (projects) which were knocked down and rebuilt to be really nice homes for hard working people that may not be able to afford other parts of South Jersey. We hung out many nights in Camden but we were never robbed, raped, gunned down, or any other crazy thing associated with Camden. I knew many drug dealers and just about every corner in the city was infested with them. Now, you may find one or two lingering around but nothing like it used to be. The police have gotten there act together and there presence is so heavy now...that many drug dealers don't even stand a chance on the corner. For the most part, it is pretty quiet and things have really changed for the better...you may have an incident here or there but nothing major. We had a lot of fun stomping around Camden when we were younger...by God's grace we were kept safe and sound. If we had listen to the media and newspapers and all their negativity we would have never stepped foot in Camden. What's known as "downtown"...the area we once called lover's lane is now the NJ State Aquarium. They have changed the waterfront area completely...and I failed to mention there are two wonderful colleges, Rutgers and Rowan. I encourage people to ride through if ever in the area...you will find that it truly is a beautiful city.

I lived not 5 miles outside of Camden (Westville) and I DREADED going down there everytime I HAD to. Note I said had and not want. That city is disgusting. Blight everywhere. It's one of the few places you'll see rundown houses with bmws and mercedes parked out front. When I say run down I mean FALLING DOWN. Broken windows with lights on. Adn the police haven't got **** together down there,they stop random white people and interrogate you. Yes,high crime..I used to go down to pse&g and pay my bill and I'd get stopped. They assumed I was down there to buy drugs or get a hooker.The waterfront area is nice..but geez look at what you have to drive through to get there. Oh,and who's idea was it to put a stadium there? I love how every side street is blocked off so you can only get off the bridge and go to the stadium.

Ps. You're a liar. You wouldn't have been hanging in camden in 2005.

Last edited by mike78; 08-03-2009 at 01:06 AM..

Old 08-06-2009, 11:17 PM

8 posts, read 22,817 times
Hey Mike...it's obvious your caucasian...that's why u got stopped...n yeah I WAS out n about in CMD in '05...You can say whatever you wish but there's no need to lie about something like that....please....

Old 10-16-2009, 03:23 AM

3 posts, read 12,816 times
Default Sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwalden1 View Post
What sort of city is Camden, NJ?
Its an impoverished city where the citizens have given up hope. The city needs to be revamped from the Federal Government! Thats that!

Old 07-09-2010, 11:59 AM

3 posts, read 7,375 times
Some people on here just talk out their asses. Camden, NJ is an important city and the County Seat of Camden County, NJ. Alot of what is going on in Camden imo is a mixture of corruption, drug trafficing and depressing the people living there. Lots of drugs flow through Camden, look at its location. It's between Philly and NJ suburbs. People that work and hold alot of jobs in Camden do't even live there..Thats a problem and keeps the actual residents making low wages. (Im for a non-resident wage tax). Majority of those non-resident workers exit the City along with that money. They spend it in the suburban areas like Cherry Hill.

Then there is this RIDICULOUS crime rating Camde gets. ost dangerous city? Really? You have to live in a bubble to believe that. Have you been to North Philly? Camden during the day is relatively safe. Their are section in Camden like most Cities that are just bad areas. South Camden is by far the most polluted and drug infested area. Lots of chemicals businesses, prostitutes and crack and heroin addicts. North is an inbetween and East is where the higher income residents of Camden reside mainly because its next to the burbs. And the RATING imo is a political thing to keep Camden impoverish to keep that State money flowing in, and for big businesst get tax breaks to move their company to Camden. So yea most of you people are idiots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia