Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 02:03 PM

32,917 posts, read 36,310,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by harriet1954 View Post
"I believe Ashland Station is technically in Voorhees". You're right. I've been living up in Burlington County for over three years now, and I erased that from my mind already. What's funny though is that it's Cherry Hill across the street where you can park in case of overflow, and I got a parking ticket in 2003 because the snow was covering the painted curb! I had to go to Mercer St in Cherry Hill to pay the ticket.
When I lived in that area, I always used Ashland station. There was usually a place to park.

Oh my gosh, just north of the police station on Mercer, there were two houses which were all decked out in lights at Christmas. We used to stop there every year. Christmas week, the one homeowner would dress in a Santa costume and give candy canes to any kids who stopped by.

It's a nice area. Cherry Hill, Voorhees, Haddonfield, are all terrific. You really can't go wrong with any of them. It's also a day trip to the beach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2016, 12:29 PM

73 posts, read 80,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
When I lived in that area, I always used Ashland station. There was usually a place to park.
I was on Federal grand jury duty during that time in Camden, and left not at usual commuter hours. And it had snowed pretty bad and was icy out. I had to park across the street in Cherry Hill. Normally I would've taken the train from Lindenwold, but wanted to switch it up that day. Now I'm sorry I did! I always liked Ashland station otherwise, though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia