Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 05:52 PM

1,983 posts, read 7,518,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
Cinnaminson has a main st?

As for the question at hand. I live in Hillsborough and my sister teaches in Moorestown.
Hillsborough is an outer suburb of New York and Moorestown is a somewhat inner suburb of Philadelphia. Hillsborough is slightly less expensive (new Toll brothers houses here are priced at 800k and up) and also has a bit more of a countryside feel than Moorestown. Both have good schools, different areas and feel though. Oh, and Hillsborough does not currently have a downtown (although one will be built when the 206 bypass is completed).
Driven thru there many times, it is a nice area. I used to work in Bridgewater. I know there's an airport there that some people aren't fond of. I think it's a reasonably good value especially if they do a Main Street. Moorestown is old quaker founded in the late 1600s/early 1700s with a charm and Americana that few towns have. They are different areas. What's nice about here is that there are plenty of horse farms and active farms nearby here in Burlington County so it is short drive for a country feel. M-town also has some farms left but a couple of them sold out to development.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 06:08 PM

4,427 posts, read 5,154,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoorestownResident View Post
Driven thru there many times, it is a nice area. I used to work in Bridgewater. I know there's an airport there that some people aren't fond of. I think it's a reasonably good value especially if they do a Main Street. Moorestown is old quaker founded in the late 1600s/early 1700s with a charm and Americana that few towns have. They are different areas. What's nice about here is that there are plenty of horse farms and active farms nearby here in Burlington County so it is short drive for a country feel. M-town also has some farms left but a couple of them sold out to development.
The new downtown is going to be developed along the 206 from the 514 to Town center rd. Montgomery is building one also, called Montgomery Promenade. I think it started construction already. If you type it in google there is a direct link to the project to be located directly north of the Princeton airport.

Old 02-25-2008, 06:08 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
Quote:
Cinnaminson has a main st?

As for the question at hand. I live in Hillsborough and my sister teaches in Moorestown.
Hillsborough is an outer suburb of New York and Moorestown is a somewhat inner suburb of Philadelphia. Hillsborough is slightly less expensive (new Toll brothers houses here are priced at 800k and up) and also has a bit more of a countryside feel than Moorestown. Both have good schools, different areas and feel though. Oh, and Hillsborough does not currently have a downtown (although one will be built when the 206 bypass is completed).

not to get too off-topic, but can you expand on this? will this alleviate the horrendous traffic in that area? i go through H'boro to get to my SIL's and absolutely dread it.

thanks.

Old 02-25-2008, 06:12 PM

4,427 posts, read 5,154,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
not to get too off-topic, but can you expand on this? will this alleviate the horrendous traffic in that area? i go through H'boro to get to my SIL's and absolutely dread it.

thanks.
Yeah, it is going to run from Old Somerville rd south to the Montgomery/Hillsborough line. It would have gone farther south, but Montgomery didn't want it, said it would ruin their charm. I think it will start construction end of next year.

Old 02-25-2008, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Yeah, it is going to run from Old Somerville rd south to the Montgomery/Hillsborough line. It would have gone farther south, but Montgomery didn't want it, said it would ruin their charm. I think it will start construction end of next year.

LOL! My SIL lives in Montgomery, and I TOTALLY believe that's the reason, LOL. How long to construct do you imagine?

Old 02-26-2008, 05:42 AM

93 posts, read 300,014 times
I appreciate all the feedback. My husband took a drive through Hillsborough on his way home from NY and really liked it. He went into a realtor's office who recommended Readington Twp, East Amwell, Clinton Twp, and Raritan Twp. Any info? Thanks!
We'll take a ride over soon to look around.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:54 AM

1,983 posts, read 7,518,203 times
Clinton is the best of the bunch.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:46 AM

Is there lots to do for the kids in Hillsborough? Is there a park system or other facilities that offer programs throughout the year, especially in summer, like there is in Monmouth County? Not too much into organized sports.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingout View Post
I appreciate all the feedback. My husband took a drive through Hillsborough on his way home from NY and really liked it. He went into a realtor's office who recommended Readington Twp, East Amwell, Clinton Twp, and Raritan Twp. Any info? Thanks!
We'll take a ride over soon to look around.
I seem to be confused. Are the areas the realtor recommended in of Hillsborough or near, but separate from, Hillsborough? I believe I do want to stay in Hillsborough.

Old 02-26-2008, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookingout View Post
I seem to be confused. Are the areas the realtor recommended in of Hillsborough or near, but separate from, Hillsborough? I believe I do want to stay in Hillsborough.
all of those towns are NOT part of Hillsborough, but close by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia