Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 03:07 PM

1 posts, read 11,489 times

Advertisements

hi!!!
i was wondering if anyone can tell me anything about the following towns.. we are thinking of relocating from clifton (NJ) and have a son under 1 yr old so any school, neighborhood, crime info would be greatly appreciated!!!!
i found some homes between 235,000 and 275,000 that looked good online but i wanted to know if that buys me a home in a "nice" section or not.. any other towns not on the list i should look at????? we want to be within 50 minutes of south brunswick (near jamesburg)....

eastampton
evesham
marlton
edgewater park
delran
mount laurel
burlington
cinnaminson
pemberton
browns mills
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2006, 03:32 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,087,707 times
I am not an expert on Burlington county; in general I seldom hear anything negative about the area, except for Willingboro, which is supposed to be a bit ghetto.

Old 11-29-2006, 05:57 PM

1,118 posts, read 4,757,015 times
Lived in Cinnaminson many years ago, and now live 1-1/2 hrs away near the beach.
The general area is nice, near Philadelphia. Many of the schools are wonderful. These are towns where people grew up, went away to college then came back to raise their families. Lots of nice towns on your list, I especially like Marlton. Cinnaminson will always be a special place to me.

Old 04-15-2007, 07:35 PM
ksd

9 posts, read 55,244 times
Default How ab Chesterfield

I was wondering if u have information on Chesterfield..how is that place to live with family....the schools the crime in that area ,the property taxes the community,eyc..thanks

Old 05-16-2007, 11:38 PM

5 posts, read 32,093 times
Stay away from Edgewater Park, Pemberton (Unless it is Pemberton Borough) Browns Mills, don't waste your time - might want to bypass Burlington also.

Old 05-17-2007, 08:33 AM

179 posts, read 784,138 times
I would concentrate on the following areas:

Burlington TOWNSHIP
Marlton
Mt. Laurel
Eastampton and Westampton

Nothing wrong with Cinnaminson, just the traffic on Route 130...it's becoming more of a nightmare and there's just as nice areas closer to your job.

You may want to add:
Florence
Bordentown
Lumberton

Mansfield and Chesterfield are nice too but you would need to be in a higher price range. Slim pickings for anything under $300k.

Hope this helps and good luck on your search.

Old 05-18-2007, 07:25 AM

3 posts, read 21,804 times
Default Browns Mills

I moved last August to Browns Mills area. It is nice and cheap....You can get a decent size home for the low $200K's. Watch what areas in Browns Mills, but Country Lakes and Presidential Lakes is really nice. You are in country living with lakes surrounding. I highly recommend it. Bordentown is really nice too but very hard to find anything under $300K in that town. Definitely stay away from Willingboro. It is definitely ghetto. Burlington twp is nice also. The best thing about Burlingotn county is the more country laid back setting but you still have everything accessible in NJ.

Old 12-17-2007, 02:57 PM

1 posts, read 10,844 times
I live in Cinnaminson. The housing prices are a bit high, but not if you're coming from North Jersey. They aren't really any bad parts of Cinnaminson. I don't know how many nights I've fallen asleep on the couch with my front door not only unlocked, but wide open. The schools are excellent. There are some fairly new developments, but if you want a decent sized yard you're better off going with an older house.

Old 12-17-2007, 03:11 PM

1,969 posts, read 5,957,068 times
Default I live in Chesterfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksd View Post
I was wondering if u have information on Chesterfield..how is that place to live with family....the schools the crime in that area ,the property taxes the community,eyc..thanks

I live in Chesterfield. I moved from Monmouth County because of the schools and the reputation. Its a great town. To be honest I may be moving my family out of the state, but it has nothing to do with Chesterfield.

There are a lot of new homes that have been built in the last couple of years so things are quite as "homey" as they used to be. But good families, no crime....speeding tickets.

Here's what your realtor may not tell you - Because of all the new houses we have outgrown our little elementary school. Last week the referendum for the new school was finally passed ( they tried for 4 years). Its 38 million dollars!!!! Ok...we need a new school ....a bit pricey.......
Right now, because we've run out of space our 1st and second graders are going to another school that we are renting space out of. The school won't be open until roughly 2010.

As far as the property taxes go its a little tricky there.....I have a 1600 sq ft house and pay 6000/yr...the new homes in Chesterfield Greene pay double that. So it really depends where your going to go .

The middle school and high school are FANTASTIC. Its a great place to raise a family.

If you have any other questions I'd be happy to help.

Good luck

Old 12-17-2007, 03:14 PM

1,969 posts, read 5,957,068 times
Personally - I would stick with Mt Laurel, Marlton, Evesham (Lenape School District), Bordentown. Northern Burlington sending District (Chesterfield, Mansfield, Springfield, North Hanover) is also great but yes more pricey. Not by a whole lot though unless your looking for new construction.

Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia