Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2017, 04:32 PM

4 posts, read 3,300 times

Advertisements

My 85 year old mother has been living at home with an aide, but has reached the point where she needs long term care in a nursing home. I've read the Medicaid rating reports for homes in the Voorhees, Cherry Hill Camden area but after three bouts in rehab, and seeing the difference between ratings and reality, I would appreciate it if anyone would be willing to share their personal experiences with an elderly parent in a nursing home accessible to South Philly/Burlington or Camden County. My brother lives in South Center City and will be doing the bulk of care and oversight. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2017, 07:26 PM

1,493 posts, read 1,520,316 times
I have a friend who recently located her parents into the United Methodist Community in Pitman. They are happy there.

Old 08-09-2017, 06:57 AM

3,974 posts, read 4,258,156 times
Yep. I clicked on this to recommend Pitman as well, which I know as Pitman Manor: https://pitman.umcommunities.org/

OP, check the religion-connected homes. Like the Lutheran home in Moorestown: Lutheran Crossings Avoid St. Mary's in Cherry Hill, however. They used to be a very good nursing home in the Catholic tradition. They got sold in 2015 (to a for-profit, I believe), but kept the St. Mary's name. A lot of complaints about the place going downhill since then.

If your Mom or your family can afford it, Friends Village (associated with the Quakers) in Woodstown is another option: Home - Friends Village at Woodstown

Good luck! If you have questions that aren't NJ-specific, come on over to the Caregiving Forum. Lots and lots of good advice and a shoulder to lean on there.

Old 08-09-2017, 03:26 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
I've heard that Wiley in Marlton is good.

Old 08-25-2017, 01:58 PM

24 posts, read 28,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crsnyder62 View Post
My 85 year old mother has been living at home with an aide, but has reached the point where she needs long term care in a nursing home. I've read the Medicaid rating reports for homes in the Voorhees, Cherry Hill Camden area but after three bouts in rehab, and seeing the difference between ratings and reality, I would appreciate it if anyone would be willing to share their personal experiences with an elderly parent in a nursing home accessible to South Philly/Burlington or Camden County. My brother lives in South Center City and will be doing the bulk of care and oversight. Thanks!
i deliver at Medford Leas (in Medford NJ) which includes on site nursing

Old 10-06-2017, 11:10 AM

2,035 posts, read 3,350,353 times
My mom was in Bishop McCarthy Residence in Vineland, NJ.

We have only good things to say about them.

Might be too far away, but thought i'd add it to the list.

Old 10-05-2018, 07:56 AM

4 posts, read 3,300 times
Default Still looking

Thank you for your suggestions. The United Methodist Community rejected my mother for not having enough money. This was the one in Collingswood. Since she's been living at home with an aid, her money goes down every month - so it's sort of a Catch 22 as we try to move her out. We also are looking in the Northeast Philly area, and are on the waiting list at Paul's Run. But they are so vague as to what that means that I don't know if they ever really will contact us.

Does anyone know of a geriatric care manager in the area, who is reasonably priced and not working for a nursing home but independently? We are thinking at this point to pay someone to do some of the legwork on seeing if it she even stands a chance of being accepted into a facility. If you have used someone that you'd recommend, I'd appreciate hearing about that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia