Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 06:15 PM

7 posts, read 19,858 times

Advertisements

Hi this is Bala

We are relocating from Texas to Philadelphia
Work place at Arch Street lot of people suggesting Cherry Hill
But just interested in knowing best public schools as my sons are
In middle school. Areas around blue Bell PA with any Indian community
And good school district please suggest
Any good neighborhood cities please suggest
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2017, 06:27 PM

32,931 posts, read 36,341,370 times
Cherry Hill and Haddonfield have good schools. If you're going to move to Southern New Jersey and commute to Philadelphia, look for a place to live within a reasonable distance of a PATCO station.

PATCO

Old 11-21-2017, 08:19 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,752,965 times
So where exactly are you working? First you say Arch St. in Philly and then you say Blue Bell, PA? Which is it? Both? Also what is your budget? Very important to know.

If you need to be near Blue Bell, PA, then you should know that is west of Philly, and you would not want to commute to there from New Jersey. Look in some suburbs in Montgomery County. The Indian population will not be as large as a Cherry Hill or Voorhees in NJ, but you should prioritize the commute to Blue Bell. Plenty of good schools around there. You could do Blue Bell itself. But again, you need to clarify what the commute situation exactly is and also your budget.

Old 11-21-2017, 08:25 AM

3,677 posts, read 2,560,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leps12 View Post
So where exactly are you working? First you say Arch St. in Philly and then you say Blue Bell, PA? Which is it? Both? Also what is your budget? Very important to know.

If you need to be near Blue Bell, PA, then you should know that is west of Philly, and you would not want to commute to there from New Jersey. Look in some suburbs in Montgomery County. The Indian population will not be as large as a Cherry Hill or Voorhees in NJ, but you should prioritize the commute to Blue Bell. Plenty of good schools around there. You could do Blue Bell itself. But again, you need to clarify what the commute situation exactly is and also your budget.
DEFINITELY.

Op no way do you want to live in Cherry Hill and try to commute to Blue Bell

Also as you may be able to gather on this forum, NJ is famous or infamous on property taxes. not sure what the property tax situation is in Blue bell but Haddonfield and CH both have high property taxes.

I think you are saying the work place will be on Arch street. Once again if that is true, then your hike from Blue bell Pa will be a killer.
If you will be working on Arch street in Philly, stick with NJ. I also like Voorhees area but not sure of the ethnic makeup

Old 11-21-2017, 08:30 AM

Thank you so much my husbands office is at Arch Street Bluebell PA tried Landsale
Plymouth Meeting any neighborhoods around Blue Bell you suggest will help. I’m right now looking for rental got two middle schoolers and one kindergarten goer.

Old 11-21-2017, 09:00 AM

Hello

You were right it’s exactly Arch st Phily I got confused

Old 11-21-2017, 01:46 PM

Thank you

Itz Arch st Phily and surely got a nominal budget for rental. Got to look for school district for middle schoolers

Old 11-22-2017, 08:42 AM

11 posts, read 20,909 times
The attached map displays South Jersey Indian pop density and counts by census tract.
Attached Thumbnails
Best neighborhood in South Jersey to Philly-asian-ind-pop.jpg  

Old 11-22-2017, 09:13 AM

1,384 posts, read 1,752,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balalav77 View Post
Thank you

Itz Arch st Phily and surely got a nominal budget for rental. Got to look for school district for middle schoolers
Well I have no idea what you mean by nominal budget as that is pretty vague (was looking for an actual number), so I'm just going to assume that it's not a lot. Largest Indian population in South Jersey percentage wise is Voorhees, I believe. These days the whole town is probably about 20% Asian...that's between Indian, Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese, etc. though. But Indian is a substantial chunk of that. Schools are very good there. Affordable rental options around the Echelon section, except for the newer Voorhees Town Center units, which are very pricey, and quite honestly, overpriced at that. Those will put you somewhat close to the Ashland and Lindenwold PATCO stations for a commute into the city. Arch Street is a few blocks' walk away from the PATCO stops.

Cherry Hill schools are also good and with plenty of rental options to work with. While having a decent Indian population, it's pretty considerably less Indian than Voorhees. A good thing about Cherry Hill though might be of you want to drive instead of take the train. Look close to Route 70 and follow the Ben Franklin Bridge into the city. Arch Street is right off of 676. You could also live near the Woodcrest PATCO as well.

Other PATCO towns are also good. Haddonfield is very expensive but has the best schools in all of South Jersey (go figure, right?) but is not very Indian at all. Haddon Township also has good schools, although a notch below Voorhees and Cherry Hill. Again, not many Indians. Some rentals here and there but I have a feeling that the new Haddon Towne Center units are out of your unspecified price range. These towns do offer more walkable neighborhoods with downtowns where you might not have to drive to do EVERYTHING like you would in Voorhees and Cherry Hill (though trust me you will still be driving quite a lot...not that coming from Texas wouldn't already make you used to that). If that's worth anything to you, it's good to know.

Arch Street is also very close to Suburban Station, which gives you access to plenty of Pennsylvania suburbs along the various SEPTA lines that stop there. Again, plenty of great schools there and also plenty of executing walkable downtowns, much more so than what South Jersey has to offer. Too many to list but give them a look. You will be hard pressed to find a town with good schools that has the Indian component of Voorhees or Cherry Hill over there though.

Old 11-22-2017, 11:32 AM

Hi Lepsi

Thank you so much for the details I really appreciate your help. I’m looking at somewhere within 1500 for a 2b/2b I guess you get some with utilities covered

I would browse areas as suggested

Thanks once again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia