Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2018, 08:35 AM

1,493 posts, read 1,519,077 times

Advertisements

Here are two buildings in Wildwood, NJ -

Wildwood Housing Authority

Wildwood Housing Authority

Here is the website for Cape May Housing Authority -

Cape May Housing Authority

Here is Ocean City Housing Authority (not sure what they offer, please call) -

Ocean City Housing Authority

Here is Atlantic City Housing Authority -

http://atlanticcityha.org/our-communities/

Another Master List of Housing Authorities -

https://www.publichousing.com/city/nj-atlantic_city
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2018, 12:34 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,111,045 times
NJBoy3: Thank you for the very informative message.

I just looked at the first link. Will look at all of them.

One question.... Being so close to the coast what happens when a hurricane / nor'easter comes through? I don't mind a good storm now and then but not excited about serious damage or watching my car float down the street.

Thanks.

Old 01-27-2018, 04:08 PM

I don't know about storm evacuation and you are correct being concerned. These are questions you should ask when calling Housing Authorities.

Please ask about transposition for seniors. Many who live in these facilities don't have cars.

Old 01-27-2018, 08:21 PM

32,924 posts, read 36,329,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal1542 View Post
NJBoy3: Thank you for the very informative message.

I just looked at the first link. Will look at all of them.

One question.... Being so close to the coast what happens when a hurricane / nor'easter comes through? I don't mind a good storm now and then but not excited about serious damage or watching my car float down the street.

Thanks.
It's usually not that bad. There is a Sandy every once in a great while, but not often. Some people didn't even lose power. My son did, but his renters insurance covered refrigerator loss! He put me on the phone with the insurance representative. He got $400 dollars. He lost more than that, but it was fair.

He said it was a bit hot and he had to drive to the next town to charge his phone, but it didn't last for long. He was in Burlington County.

My sister moved to the West coast over 40 years ago. She has experienced one notable earthquake experience about 15 years ago. That's it. It wasn't much.

Pick your poison. It's one thing or another. I will never move to a place which might have a tornado, though my father and I saw a small twister along the NY border many years ago. He and mom saw a small twister drop a couple of years later.

I don't think there is a safe area.

Old 01-28-2018, 06:20 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,513,664 times
This thread has been moved from the Delaware forum since the conversation took a sharp turn to South Jersey towns.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 01-28-2018, 09:27 AM

9,719 posts, read 14,257,964 times
Thank you, toobusytoday.

Old 01-28-2018, 08:26 PM

Many options for lower income seniors (also disabled) in New Jersey. Maybe more so than neighboring states. Not only housing but also transportation and other services.

Last edited by NJBoy3; 01-28-2018 at 08:49 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia