Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2018, 08:25 AM

8 posts, read 9,550 times

Advertisements

Hi all

Wife and I have a 3 month old and are moving out of the city.

We have identified Haddon Township as our most probably focus as we need easy access to the city, but sometimes Collingswood has some great homes for decent prices and lower taxes and seems pretty inviting.

I've read every answer about Collingwood schools but the last real informative answer is from 2013. Does anyone have any real experience with the school district? Looking at Niche.com with a birds eye view, it doesn't seem to be bad at all. The same and better than Haddon Township. However, I think the deliversity that Collingwood has bumps up it's scores despite worse academics and other factors.

As mentioned, my boy is 3 months so middle and high school is quite a distant challenge. If Collingwood had better schools, it would be an incredible place to live but I don't want to set a timer for 10 years and then we have to move despite being happy.

Can someone from the area chime in and help provide some insight into Collingswood schools at present and what trend they are seeing for the future?
Attached Thumbnails
Collingswood for a young family-screenshot_20181228-101149.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2018, 05:22 PM

25 posts, read 23,799 times
Also interested in this thread! The girl and I looking to get out of s philly ASAP and Collingswood has peaked interest as a location to start a family.

Old 12-28-2018, 05:42 PM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
What do you like about Collingswood that Haddon Township, Westmont right next door doesn't have? I think the schools are better, and it's not a dry town.

Old 01-03-2019, 08:39 AM

8 posts, read 9,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
What do you like about Collingswood that Haddon Township, Westmont right next door doesn't have? I think the schools are better, and it's not a dry town.
I just like the housing stock really. Gives us more options than just focusing on Haddon Township.

Haddon Township is my preferred but if I find a house I love in Collingswood, it would be nice to be able to make an informed decision.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia