Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 04:46 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,880,174 times

Advertisements

wow thank you!!! Ill def bring that up to my accountant next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
That is incorrect, you can deduct the Philly wage tax from your NJ state tax return.

You want page 40 of that instruction booklet for the information for the Philadelphia Wage Tax.

http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/taxa...07/071040i.pdf
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 04:49 AM

7,780 posts, read 21,880,174 times
Bill knows his $hit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Wow, I quoted a post you made a year ago, and you responded in an hour!

Old 04-30-2009, 06:17 AM

47 posts, read 118,084 times
If u haven't made a choice yet. I'll make it easy. Don't do it. Camden is one of the worse cities in the country.

Last edited by Mendenhall; 04-30-2009 at 06:28 AM..

Old 04-30-2009, 10:06 PM

62 posts, read 220,846 times
Well, that's comforting to know. The tax thing, not the worst city in the country thing.

And no, we still haven't made any decisions. I'm told we may not hear back from some of the waitlists until July-ish. And we still haven't heard a thing from two schools.

Old 05-02-2009, 06:07 AM

47 posts, read 118,084 times
Do a google search on Camden, and u will get ur answers. or try sites like Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitors sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 05-05-2009 at 05:08 AM..

Old 05-27-2009, 06:49 AM

2 posts, read 4,218 times
Default Get your facts straight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
Thorium is a radioactive element that was used in the paint mixture to make the old luminous watch dials that glowed in the dark....of course the reason they glowed was they were RADIOACTIVE !!!! Apparently some of the waste was dumped at several sites in Camden and while it may not penetrate the skin the decay of the thorium results in radon gas which causes lung cancer. The women who painted the radioactive paint on the watch dials used to wet their thin paint brushes with their tongues to bring them to a point and ingested the actual radioactive paint causing many different types of cancer......not to mention their lips actually glowed at night. This is just one of the reasons this city needs to be bulldozed and cleaned up from the ground up !!!
Please get your facts straight before handing out information like this. Thorium was not used in watch dials, it was radium. Thorium was used in the manufacture of gas light mantles. Unless you're living on top of the superfund site, your exposure to ionizing radiation is infinitesimally small. While the decay of thorium does produce radon gas, it doesn't result in result in the kind that seeps into basements. That's caused by natrually occuring radioactive deposits deep in the earth. Thorium waste is relatively surface oriented. Any gas is quickly diluted, and dispersed in the air.

If I were locating to Camden or the surrounding suburbs, I'd look for a location close to the High Speed line or the River Line and forget about using the car to commute. The rush hour traffic in Camden and Burlington Counties is staggering and is one of the reasons I now live where I live. Do the math, my 48 mile commute takes about 55 minutes.

Last edited by Harry Seaward; 05-27-2009 at 06:59 AM..

Old 05-27-2009, 01:10 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,976,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
While the decay of thorium does produce radon gas, it doesn't result in result in the kind that seeps into basements. That's caused by natrually occuring radioactive deposits deep in the earth. Thorium waste is relatively surface oriented. Any gas is quickly diluted, and dispersed in the air.
I beg your pardon but if the house is constructed on top of the Thorium dumping area the radon DOES seep into the basement !!!

Old 05-27-2009, 03:35 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,075,065 times
You'd be better off living in Cherry Hill or in Philly than living in Camden

Old 05-27-2009, 09:46 PM

62 posts, read 220,846 times
We still haven't heard from any waitlists, so everything is still up in the air...

I've been looking in Collingswood, Voorhees, and the 5th/West or Cooper Hospital areas of Camden. I know most of you seem to think Collingswood is ok, but if you had to live in Camden (not saying we do, just want a real opinion) what do you think of 5th, West, and Trenton in Camden? They seem nicer than most areas.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:32 AM

10 posts, read 39,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
What business is it of yours where I live? Are you saying there are not any luxury apartments in Camden? Because you know thats a lie.
Victor Lofts
Radio Lofts Condominiums

Here are some other sites for the OP:

Life

Camden Waterfront (http://www.camdenwaterfront.com/index.asp - broken link)

Have you EVER been to camden? Seriously?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia