U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia
 [Register]
New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia Burlington County, Camden County, Gloucester County, Salem County in South Jersey
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2009, 03:37 PM

2 posts, read 11,166 times

Advertisements

Hi all, New here. I'm thinking of relocating to this new development in Pemberton. However I don't know much about the area except for the military base. Can anyone tell me if this is a good move to make? The Development is extremely nice and so are the homes. I'm not to sure about he surrounding areas though. Please let me know your take on this.

Thanks in advance.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2009, 04:48 PM

1,983 posts, read 6,977,563 times
Pemberton is not a great area, lower income and fairly isolated. It has some decent parts but schools are not great. That development is also near the base, could have noise and plane issues.

Old 11-12-2010, 12:44 PM

14,781 posts, read 38,581,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredmarch View Post
There are no plane noise concerns at the Preserve at Rancocas Creek. Aircraft are prohibited from regular flights over populated areas. As for the community, yes it is beautiful and has attracted over 50% military families that are looking for a quiet interlude and respite from the busy base location. Pemberton is an up and coming community and will be a good investment for buyers with vision. Why not visit the site and speak to the sales department, then draw your own conclusions. -- Thanks - Jared March; Sales Representative at the PReserve 609 894 1000.
I wonder what kind of "vision" the early adopters have realized over the past year and a half.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:49 AM

2 posts, read 9,386 times
I've lived there for a year now and find it a most beautiful place to live. The Preserve is quiet and away from the hustle and bustle. Only people who live there would need to go there. It's not a thoroughfare or some place to take a short cut through. The nearest groceries stores are 4 or 5 miles away, but there are a couple of convenience stores. My daughters are both doing well in the local schools. Pemberton Township has an awesome recreation department that provides year round activities for all ages at very reasonable prices. I LOVE IT!

Old 09-19-2011, 07:28 PM

4 posts, read 11,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyjac View Post
I've lived there for a year now and find it a most beautiful place to live. The Preserve is quiet and away from the hustle and bustle. Only people who live there would need to go there. It's not a thoroughfare or some place to take a short cut through. The nearest groceries stores are 4 or 5 miles away, but there are a couple of convenience stores. My daughters are both doing well in the local schools. Pemberton Township has an awesome recreation department that provides year round activities for all ages at very reasonable prices. I LOVE IT!

I am also thinking of moving to the Preserve at Rancocas Creek in Pemberton. The area seemed very quiet, but can you give me any additional information about the area...good restaurants, shopping, movie theater, etc?

I appreciate any feedback!

Old 09-21-2011, 09:50 AM

2 posts, read 9,386 times
For major restaurants like Applebees, Fridays, etc. you would have to go to Mt. Holly which is 8 or 9 miles away. That's where the mall is (Burlington Mall which in my opinion should be closed down). Along that road (country road 541) there's a movie theater, Home Depot, Target, Walmart, ToysRUs, Kohls etc. But directly around the Preserve, there's not a whole lot. There's a convenience store and a 24 hour Wawa gas station and store. There's a Walmart in Lumberton which is about 4 miles away.

You do get the occasional plane flying low as they arrive or depart the base, but nothing major. The noise is not a concern at all. It's a great community to live in. The neighbors are very friendly and look out for each other. If you have young kids, it's awesome. Having lived in the city, this place is heaven.

Old 09-21-2011, 11:53 AM

14,781 posts, read 38,581,656 times
Not to be snarky, but if you have kids and are looking for a good school system/nice area, Pemberton's not the place. It's rated a "B" on the DFG scale, which is similar to places like Riverside, Mt. Holly and Burlington City. Additionally, it is an Abbott district which is a special classification for a failing NJ school district that has a large proportion of children dealing with adverse conditions such as poverty, not being fluent in English, etc. and the overall district is failing with low graduation rates and poor test performance. To offset this the schools receive special funding, but this has had little impact on the schools over their life.

For the amount of money you would pay for this development in Pemberton, it would easily afford a similar sized, albeit older home in one of the better communities like Marlton, Mt. Laurel, Cinnaminson or even the not so top end ones, but still better; Westampton, Eastampton, Lumberton, Hainesport, Burlington Twp., etc.

If kids are your main concern, Pemberton's not any place most familiar with the area would recommend.

Old 06-04-2014, 07:47 AM

2 posts, read 3,757 times
Default Update on the Preserves?

I have been a longtime lurker and first time poster. I just recently relocated to NJ and am stationed at McGuire AFB, and am looking to buy a home. It is my first time here, and I think it is really beautiful countryside. I am considering a home in the Preserves at Pemberton, but it appears that the school system isn't the best and people have said to stay away in the past.

Is that outdated information, or does the same hold true today? I have read all of the old posts on this incredibly helpful site, and know which towns to avoid, but with the close commute and the beautiful neighborhood of the Preserves, I am slightly torn.

I appreciate any one's current input and advice. Being military, I would need to find a home that I could either sell back in 3-4 years, or have no problem renting it out. My child is not of school age, but I am concerned about school districts for future owners/tenants.

thx in advance,

flydriver

Old 06-09-2014, 10:36 PM

29,144 posts, read 28,164,987 times
I wouldn't buy there. You may not be able to sell for a profit. The school district hasn't gotten any better.

We got stuck being landlords for a house which we owned in Fayetteville, NC. We rented to military personnel. We didn't find them, they found us. The people who rented our place were so terrific that we dropped the management company. You can't count on that sort of thing happening.

Old 06-10-2014, 03:39 PM

3,315 posts, read 9,259,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
I wouldn't buy there. You may not be able to sell for a profit. The school district hasn't gotten any better.

We got stuck being landlords for a house which we owned in Fayetteville, NC. We rented to military personnel. We didn't find them, they found us. The people who rented our place were so terrific that we dropped the management company. You can't count on that sort of thing happening.

I don't get the relevancy of this post. Are you recommending not to buy at The Preserves because the OP won't be able to get a decent military renter if they decide to rent it out, the ideal thing you got in NC?

Seems like there should be a Housing Services Office or something like that on base that can help them out. They would have listings in the surrounding area as well as recommendations.

OP, if you haven't visited, I suggest that you do. And ask the current occupants in The Preserve what they think about living there. That's always helped me every time I've planned to move.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey > New Jersey Suburbs of Philadelphia